Linklaters 2019/20 Application

CarinaH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 16, 2020
Hey guys,

A quick question on the Links VS application. Is it normal for the VS application not to have a work section or even application questions?

I have seen both these mentioned above for the TC.

Wishing everyone the best of luck.

You only need to submit your work experiences (up to 3) if you are invited to an AC and yes, there are no essay questions, at least there were none last year.

• 🤝
Reactions: Bakers Junior Lawyer

CarinaH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 16, 2020
i have half a mind to apply for VS as the apps are opened today. My 2022 direct TC application is still 'on hold'. should i just do the VS application?

The TC intakes for last years applicants have not been confirmed yet. Definitely go ahead and get your app in as early as possible, but presumably they will get back to everyone once they know how many places they have left

• ℹ️
Reactions: AverageHotSauce

CarinaH

Star Member
Future Trainee
Jul 16, 2020
Thanks for the info. greatly appreciated. Do you perhaps know how long Links give folks who've been offered to decide on their position? The anticipation is quite something.

All penultimate year students have until the 15th of September and final year students from the last vac scheme have until the 25th or the 28th of September

I would take the above and what I’m about to say with a pinch of salt. Some people’s deadline to accept was at the end of August and I was told today that the deadline for scheme three is the 15th, but not sure about the other dates mentioned. In any case, seems like we can’t give a definitive answer, but it should be in the next 2 weeks...

Last edited:
Reactions: AverageHotSauce

GlamB

Dec 6, 2019
I would take all of this with a pinch of salt. Some people’s deadline to accept was at the end of August and I was told today that the deadline for scheme three is the 15th, but not sure about the other dates mentioned. In any case, seems like we can’t give a definitive answer, but it should be in the next 2 weeks...

That's what we were told on the last vac scheme by the Grad Rec team, so I'm just relaying the information that was given to us. Obviously, there could have been changes to it since then but that's what was communicated to us originally :)

XARA

Esteemed Member
Jul 27, 2020
Hi everyone, am I right in thinking that Linklaters doesn't ask for GCSE results, merely the qualification you took? Just wanting to double check in case I have missed something here!

EdwardC

Standard Member
Feb 10, 2020
Hey guys,

I have just completed the application questionnaire for Links and I have received an email stating that I have 5 days to complete the WG after submitting my application. Does 'application' simply refer to the application questionnaire? I was under the impression that I would have 5 days to complete the WG after I had finished the eligibility questionnaire and review?

XARA

Esteemed Member
Jul 27, 2020
Just finished Vac Scheme apps last night. They do ask for GCSE results. well. they ask your 14-16 exams and 16-18 exams.
sorry do they ask you to state every subject and grade that you received for GCSEs? Mine only allows me to select what qualification I took and doesn't allow me to enter any other information for 14-16 exams, only for 16-18 exams am I able to add specific subjects and grades

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.