What is HL BaSE?

anon101

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 2, 2020
I distinctively remember there was no AC for the programme itself. You get called to an AC for either a TC or a Vac Scheme if you get on the Gold Programme.

Also I got back my WG test report from Hogan Lovells for HL BaSE and it was a 76%. If they’re taking in 30 people, I don’t have my hopes up ahaha

Reactions: dosblancos7

B1806

Distinguished Member
Dec 31, 2019
I distinctively remember there was no AC for the programme itself. You get called to an AC for either a TC or a Vac Scheme if you get on the Gold Programme.

Also I got back my WG test report from Hogan Lovells for HL BaSE and it was a 76%. If they’re taking in 30 people, I don’t have my hopes up ahaha
When and where did you get that report if you don't mind me asking? Did they email it to you?

Fran

Star Member
Nov 5, 2020
Does anyone know how much weight they put on the WG for the HL BaSE? Cannot work out if there is more emphasis on the application or if they're looking for the best 30 WG results with good apps

sebastianyatra

Dec 18, 2019
Does anyone know how much weight they put on the WG for the HL BaSE? Cannot work out if there is more emphasis on the application or if they're looking for the best 30 WG results with good apps

In my experience the WG is more of a test to automatically clear out some people, though if HL's benchmark percentile is 18% they'll probably put some weight on it. Can't imagine it taking precedent over applications though

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
In my experience the WG is more of a test to automatically clear out some people, though if HL's benchmark percentile is 18% they'll probably put some weight on it. Can't imagine it taking precedent over applications though

Is this 18th Percentile for the BaSE programme or the Vac schemes or generally? Thanks :)

(I've heard how HL have like 80% as their benchmark lol :D

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hi guys!

I applied for the Gold Base programme. It stated how if successful, candidates will be fast tracked to the Vac Scheme AC!

Does anyone know if I should apply for the VS separately, or if I should just continue with the Base Programme(haven't heard back), and wait to be fast tracked?

Numerius Negidius

Legendary Member
Aug 8, 2020
Hi guys!

I applied for the Gold Base programme. It stated how if successful, candidates will be fast tracked to the Vac Scheme AC!

Does anyone know if I should apply for the VS separately, or if I should just continue with the Base Programme(haven't heard back), and wait to be fast tracked?
To my understanding, you will automatically get an AC if you participate in BaSE, in which case you will not need to fill in the VS application. However, you can still directly apply for a VS concurrently if you would like to do so.

Reactions: dosblancos7

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
Feb 16, 2019
To my understanding, you will automatically get an AC if you participate in BaSE, in which case you will not need to fill in the VS application. However, you can still directly apply for a VS concurrently if you would like to do so.

Thanks! Will probably apply after I hear back from BaSE(which should be soon since it mentioned the programme starts in Nov?)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.