2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
If you email Linklaters do they give you your score for the Watson Glaser?
Yes.

Has anyone heard from NRF about the spring vacation scheme?
Nope, applied on 20/11/2020, so I don't expect to hear that soon.

For anyone that has previously applied, is applying or knows -

What needs to be included in the covering letter for Travers Smith? Is it the usual why (commercial) law, why travers smith, why me?

Thanks

Yes!

Just received a video interview from Willkie after applying on 26/11. Very quick response time!

Last edited:

AlRJ

Esteemed Member
Jun 23, 2019
For all those wondering about Travers' Winter Scheme, I just got an email saying they won't be holding any further interviews (I believe the scheme is filled). However, they did suggest to reapply for a direct TC or the summer vac scheme.

Did anyone else get a similar email?

Reactions: Lawbour

NK

Distinguished Member
Jul 28, 2020
For all those wondering about Travers' Winter Scheme, I just got an email saying they won't be holding any further interviews (I believe the scheme is filled). However, they did suggest to reapply for a direct TC or the summer vac scheme.

Did anyone else get a similar email?
Yeah I got this too! So I’m guessing it’s not a straight rejection as they haven’t read our applications yet ?

Reactions: AlRJ

lawgirl1234

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
The TS version of a rejection saying they're not holding anymore interviews, but the option to reapply for the summer scheme or direct TS. What are people's thoughts on reapplying? I applied early oct so presume my app was read and wasn't what they were looking for, do I stand any chance if I reapply in this cycle? Interested to hear peoples thoughts :)

amcha595

Sep 3, 2020
The TS version of a rejection saying they're not holding anymore interviews, but the option to reapply for the summer scheme or direct TS. What are people's thoughts on reapplying? I applied early oct so presume my app was read and wasn't what they were looking for, do I stand any chance if I reapply in this cycle? Interested to hear peoples thoughts :)

Wondering the same thing - if I get the same response again for a summer VS can I then roll onto a TC application? :confused:

Lawgirl123

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jun 22, 2020
    i think Travers send the same generic email to everyone they reject and suggest they can apply again. think it could be a bit late to apply to their other schemes as they are very oversubscribed.

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    does anyone know what kind of score Linklaters generally requires on the Watson Glaser to progress to interview?

People who have attained higher WG scores than others have not been progressed whereas the person with a lower score did. A holistic view is taken of both the CAPP assessment and WG. Also, they are very secretive about what their benchmarks are - I have tried asking before.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: OB and ski1239

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Jul 29, 2019
    does anyone know what kind of score Linklaters generally requires on the Watson Glaser to progress to interview?

The score alone won’t progress you to interview; the situational judgement/personality tests are just as important for Linklaters.

For reference I was in the 92nd percentile and didn’t make it past the test. Others I know got 98+ and didn’t make it through.

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019
    i think Travers send the same generic email to everyone they reject and suggest they can apply again. think it could be a bit late to apply to their other schemes as they are very oversubscribed.
    the summer scheme is not rolling this year at Travers. So it’s definitely not too late to apply for the summer

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.