2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.C

Nov 15, 2020
Has anyone filled out a vacation scheme application for Gibson Dunn? Their online portal isn't letting me select 'no' to applying to the training contract and I can only get to the next page of the firm if I tick yes to vac scheme and TC. Is this a tech glitch or do we have to apply for both?

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Has anyone filled out a vacation scheme application for Gibson Dunn? Their online portal isn't letting me select 'no' to applying to the training contract and I can only get to the next page of the firm if I tick yes to vac scheme and TC. Is this a tech glitch or do we have to apply for both?
    You apply for both at the same time - you're automatically considered for a TC in a vac scheme application as the firm recruits at least 95% of its trainees from its vac schemes. I don't think any of my intake were recruited from the direct TC route so it's really the only way the firm recruits :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: OB and Jaysen

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    Morning everyone, I was just wondering if anyone has completed the Willkie VS application and knows what the word limit is for the work experience section?

Many thanks!

Have completed it and one isn't stated so don't believe there is one. Should probably still cap it at 250 though.

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    For anyone that has previously applied, is applying or knows -

What needs to be included in the covering letter for Travers Smith? Is it the usual why (commercial) law, why travers smith, why me?

Thanks

Reactions: Ricky

A.C

Nov 15, 2020
    You apply for both at the same time - you're automatically considered for a TC in a vac scheme application as the firm recruits at least 95% of its trainees from its vac schemes. I don't think any of my intake were recruited from the direct TC route so it's really the only way the firm recruits :)
    Oh, I see! Thank you for explaining

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    I haven’t heard back from Travers Smith re my winter vac scheme application. Is it worth withdrawing my application and reapplying for the summer vac scheme? Not quite sure what to do

Phoebe

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 25, 2018
    I haven’t heard back from Travers Smith re my winter vac scheme application. Is it worth withdrawing my application and reapplying for the summer vac scheme? Not quite sure what to do

I’m in the same boat. I wonder if they ever say that they’ll consider you for a summer scheme instead if they liked your application? I feel like it’s definitely a no at this point though so probably better to withdraw and re-apply as I’m assuming once I actually get a rejection that’ll mean we can’t then apply for the summer scheme?

Reactions: NK
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.