NK

Distinguished Member
Jul 28, 2020

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
Jan 22, 2020
Hi, I had the same issue on my portal. I spoke to Grad Rec and they confirmed the second test is an error. Hope that helps!

Thank you so much! Emailed Grad Rec too and they said the same. I should've completed the Vac Scheme Test rather than the TC test. Don't know how I didn't see that haha :oops::rolleyes:

Reactions: CF

DMMW

Standard Member
Dec 14, 2020
I did the Mayer Brown tests last week. The situational judgement one is like a regular situational judgement test but just very long because it has lots of questions. The verbal reasoning one is a combination of grammar, comprehension and inference (there were 5 sections if I remember correctly). I think doing the practice test for the verbal reasoning test really helps familiarise yourself with the type of questions in the different sections and be more prepared to answer them. Hope that helps!
Thank you so much for this! I really appreciate it!!

Reactions: Sandli

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2020
Has anyone heard back either way from Gowling? I know that we are supposed to hear if we were successful on the 17th but I was told that someone last year was rejected a couple of days after the deadline, just wondering if that has any bearing on this year’s proceedings

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Just a curious Q. - are there any other firms like Freshfields and CC that only take TC applications from final year (non-law in my case) students? I have been applying mainly for VS but would like to apply for more TCs.

Any advice appreciated :)

SecretSantaxx

Star Member
    Dec 9, 2020
    I still haven't heard back. I am wondering when I will find out whether I met the benchmark or not. Have you heard back in the meantime, and how long did it take them to get back to you? :)

Hi! I applied for CMS and my application timeline is as follows:
    1st December: Sent in my application
    2nd December: WG test invite
    3rd December: Submitted WG
    9th December: VI invite
    13th December: Submitted VI

• ℹ️
    • 🏆
    Reactions: A12345, OB, Lawbour and 2 others

castrooo

Legendary Member
    Sep 17, 2020
    Hi! I applied for CMS and my application timeline is as follows:
    1st December: Sent in my application
    2nd December: WG test invite
    3rd December: Submitted WG
    9th December: VI invite
    13th December: Submitted VI
    Thank you! This is very helpful! Shall I assume that if I don't hear back within a week, I probably failed the WG test stage?

dap

Oct 16, 2020
    I did the Mayer Brown tests last week. The situational judgement one is like a regular situational judgement test but just very long because it has lots of questions. The verbal reasoning one is a combination of grammar, comprehension and inference (there were 5 sections if I remember correctly). I think doing the practice test for the verbal reasoning test really helps familiarise yourself with the type of questions in the different sections and be more prepared to answer them. Hope that helps!

Hi Sandli! Did they already get back to you on the results? I've done my tests yesterday and would like to have an idea of when would I hear back! Thanks

CT

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 20, 2018
    Thank you! This is very helpful! Shall I assume that if I don't hear back within a week, I probably failed the WG test stage?
    Some applications take longer to hear back from them. I think they’d have sent you the rejection after 2-3 days already if you didn’t meet the benchmark. :)

Lawbour

Legendary Member
    Dec 25, 2018
    The grad rec team said that they move people forward in batches so you find some people may move along quicker than others depending on when Grad Rec decide to move a batch forward... hope this makes sense

What I'm trying to say is don't worry about it lol

• 🤝
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: OB, castrooo and Celestie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.