2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Has anyone heard back from HSF, Macfarlanes, Travers, Ashurst or RPC for the summer schemes?

Seriously stressing because I applied a while back to all of them and not heard anythibg
    I haven't heard from Macfarlanes or BCLP (post test). But I have seen Travers summer is non-rolling so rest easy on that one

ellwilsen

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 27, 2020
    Has anyone heard back from HSF, Macfarlanes, Travers, Ashurst or RPC for the summer schemes?

Seriously stressing because I applied a while back to all of them and not heard anythibg
    I applied for Macfarlanes on 22nd Oct and haven’t heard back but I saw elsewhere that someone got a rejection from them last week :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Lawbour

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know whether you must complete the WG for DLA prior to the 31st deadline? Or do you get 2 weeks from when you submit, regardless of if that takes you past the 31st Dec deadline?
    @Jessica Booker

typically it will be the period of time from the invite to complete the assessment. But always one to check with the firm itself on because you can never be 100% sure with these things

SLKEJRWOI97

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 22, 2020
    Hi guys,

I just did the Mayer Brown tests and for some reason, my apply4law portal is showing up like this:

When I opened the second test, it was exactly the same as the first test :-/

Anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 17.30.22.png
      Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 17.30.22.png
      42.8 KB · Views: 49

CF

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 25, 2018
    Hi guys,

I just did the Mayer Brown tests and for some reason, my apply4law portal is showing up like this:

When I opened the second test, it was exactly the same as the first test :-/

Anyone else experienced this?

Hi, I had the same issue on my portal. I spoke to Grad Rec and they confirmed the second test is an error. Hope that helps!

M1999

Legendary Member
    Nov 28, 2019

Travers said they are not reviewing until after deadline, I think ashurst May be non-rolling too but not entirely sure.

A12345

Dec 18, 2018
    Hi everyone, is anyone's Linklaters Spring VS showing up as having a tick on candidate review and 'on hold' on the portal?

Yup! Mine is the exact same thing - its been like that since the moment i submitted the WG like half a week ago - so not sure if it means anything! People who applied for the winter VS, got a reply within 2 weeks of the deadline!

• 🤝
    Reactions: ZaraB

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Yup! Mine is the exact same thing - its been like that since the moment i submitted the WG like half a week ago - so not sure if it means anything! People who applied for the winter VS, got a reply within 2 weeks of the deadline!
    Thank you so much, that is super helpful! Best of luck with your application:)

Reactions: A12345

DMMW

Standard Member
    Dec 14, 2020
    Applied last week for Mayer Brown and just received the tests today. I am sort of nervous as the tests are not the Watson Glaser which I'm more familiar with. Would appreciate any advice or tips on how to prepare or what to expect!

Sandli

Sep 3, 2020
    Applied last week for Mayer Brown and just received the tests today. I am sort of nervous as the tests are not the Watson Glaser which I'm more familiar with. Would appreciate any advice or tips on how to prepare or what to expect!
    I did the Mayer Brown tests last week. The situational judgement one is like a regular situational judgement test but just very long because it has lots of questions. The verbal reasoning one is a combination of grammar, comprehension and inference (there were 5 sections if I remember correctly). I think doing the practice test for the verbal reasoning test really helps familiarise yourself with the type of questions in the different sections and be more prepared to answer them. Hope that helps!

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    I just did the WG test for Baker McKenzie and I really struggled with it for some reason. Does anyone have any tips for WG tests in general? no matter how much I prepare, I seem to always mess up the actual assessments :(

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    I just did the WG test for Baker McKenzie and I really struggled with it for some reason. Does anyone have any tips for WG tests in general? no matter how much I prepare, I seem to always mess up the actual assessments :(

www.jobtestprep.co.uk has the most thorough guides and explanations I have seen on any site! Pricey but worth it.

Can currently get a discount using a code from the Commercial Law Academy
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6744296057909342208

Reactions: Zoo and NK

LeilaScott

Valued Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    I just had an AC feedback call post-vacation scheme and before my TC interview with a firm, but it's absolutely rocked me lol I have no idea how i got the scheme now. Does anyone have any suggestions for 1. getting a mock interview somewhere before my TC interview and 2. Increasing ability in sort of scenario based questions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.