2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
On the BCLP feedback, I got critical reasoning as one of my strengths because the BCLP test had a critical reasoning. Is this an indication I did well on this section of the test? Or could they have seen a strength here in my responses to the SJT

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    On the BCLP feedback, I got critical reasoning as one of my strengths because the BCLP test had a critical reasoning. Is this an indication I did well on this section of the test? Or could they have seen a strength here in my responses to the SJT

Snap - I also had that comment on mine too. BCLP has only recently introduced this method of assessment (according to my sources) so it's hard to tell if it means one way or another but overall - I would assume it's a good thing in WG terms!

NikkiT

Legendary Member
    Oct 2, 2020
    I just did the WG test for Baker McKenzie and I really struggled with it for some reason. Does anyone have any tips for WG tests in general? no matter how much I prepare, I seem to always mess up the actual assessments :(

Was the WG sent to you automatically for Baker McKenzie? Or does it mean you got to the next stage?

AH97

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 30, 2019
    Also, does anyone know how long it takes to receive a WG test from DLA Piper after submitting an application? Or is this not automatic?

I believe that they said at their Skills Session webinar that you would be sent the WG within a week of submission, and then have two weeks to complete it

• ℹ️
    Reactions: NikkiT

AspiringSol

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer 6
    Nov 9, 2020
    i just got my results for Mayer Brown online tests and I got almost all averages in the Verbal reasoning! Is this bad ?!? Does anyone know what their pass marks are?

eveh1784

Star Member
    Jan 21, 2020
    Hey guys - I have a video interview coming up and I was wondering if anyone had any general tips. This is where I really went wrong last cycle, I lacked confidence in my ability and froze in front of the camera during most VI's. This year I have really been trying to practice, but some tips would be really useful too if possible!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.