2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Wow that’s kind of crazy considering the application was so confusing to so many people that hardly anyone had put in modules! I really hope they don’t reject on the basis of that... I’m worried now

I honestly wouldn't be because so many people have done the same! I only know myself and another friend of mine who was on the same webinar that included them- it was really difficult to figure the application out I think that was why I had queried it! I'm sure you've smashed it- good luck!

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I attended a webinar with them and they said that this was a new form this year and that they still wanted to see our module scores. I included mine because of this but honestly cannot remember the format anyhow I put them in as I done the application a while ago so it worries me now how I've done it but too afraid to go back and look at it haha! I know so many people having this issue with the application so I would hope that it won't affect the outcome for anybody who has or hasn't included them!
What?! I just don't understand how you can add them, unless you enter each individual module as a separate qualification. But it says 'course title', so that doesn't seem right.

Really nervous now because Irwin Mitchell used the same application form and I didn't upload individual grades for that either...

Reactions: RP

collie_121

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
Sep 30, 2020
What?! I just don't understand how you can add them, unless you enter each individual module as a separate qualification. But it says 'course title', so that doesn't seem right.

Really nervous now because Irwin Mitchell used the same application form and I didn't upload individual grades for that either...

I did the same for Irwin Mitchell but I am now unsure what to do for my AG application. I agree that it doesn't make sense saying course title.

Paaris

• Dec 18, 2020
    They WHAT
    EKete-YWwAMGhBo.jpg

I first read that as their benchmark was getting 100%

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020

I did the same for Irwin Mitchell but I am now unsure what to do for my AG application. I agree that it doesn't make sense saying course title.

Just to follow up on this, I emailed AG grad rec with my individual module grades and got this response:
    "You were correct in saying we don't need your individual modules – we previously asked for this on our old system but have streamlined the application this year."

So I imagine Irwin Mitchell is the same.

RyanM1

Star Member
    Jan 4, 2021
    Just received an invite for a 'video interview' with Jones Day for a VS - but it seems to be a live virtual interview with senior members of the firm? Is this theonly stage, or is this a preliminary one? Would be grateful for any advice from someone familiar with the process!

Congrats! Is this for the Spring or Summer Scheme? When did you send your app?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.