2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Well done you!

Congratulations, I knew you'd smash it. :)

Thank you both so much - I wouldn't have done it without both of your help!!!! :)

Has anyone taken the Osborne Clarke verbal reasoning test? Is it a standard WG or statementent and True/False/Cannot say?

It's just the True/False/Cannot Say, I think it's an SHL provided Verbal Reasoning Test so practice them online :)

Also got rejected from CMS post-VI :(:( ... That's me for this application cycle, quite a scary feeling

This is so tough I'm so sorry :( I had the same last year and know how it feels, like you wasted all of your time. But remember how much you've learnt and either channel that into TC/VS applications that are still open, or wait another year, put everything into developing your skills and knowledge, and smash it next year

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Hi all, was just wondering if anybody knows whether Holman Fenwick recruits on a rolling basis? Really keen on applying with them but it's only until the end of the month when they close their applications.

I went to an Open Day with them last year and they confirmed that it is rolling, it also says this on their website. I'd still apply anyway though - I applied pretty late and if you don't try, you don't get. If you're a good enough applicant, they wouldn't reject you just because you submitted your application later in the cycle rather than earlier. :)

Kopperskjold

Star Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Hello everyone!

I completed HSF's blended assessment on the 7th of December and I received an email that day saying they were reviewing my application.

Does anyone know how long they take to get back to you?

Thanks!

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    My upcoming interview is apparently completely commercial awareness.

View attachment 2536
    tenor.gif

• Haha
    • 🤝
    Reactions: SKB, cmaj, kls and 5 others

Kopperskjold

Star Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    Lol I've just realised I sent TWO cover letters this week dated January 2020. CHECK YOUR DATES PEOPLE!!! :D there goes my hard work:rolleyes:
    Oh my days I ran to check mine and I made the same mistake in one out of three haha. Ironically enough, I wrote "Re: 2021 Summer Vacation Scheme" right after lol.

Thank god I didn't list "paying attention to detail" as one of my strengths haha, hopefully they'll still consider me.

LS12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    I cannot emphasise how broken I was when I found out - I am non-law, my friend. They will tear me apart like wolves.
    In some ways this gives you a really good edge - commercial fluency is about thinking what does this news mean for clients and the law. Sure you might not have studied law but you’ll have a very different perspective on news stories which is absolutely what law firms are looking for. You’ll have technical understanding of other topics, combine this with your interest in law and you’ll be on to a winner.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    In some ways this gives you a really good edge - commercial fluency is about thinking what does this news mean for clients and the law. Sure you might not have studied law but you’ll have a very different perspective on news stories which is absolutely what law firms are looking for. You’ll have technical understanding of other topics, combine this with your interest in law and you’ll be on to a winner.

Thank you, unfortunately, I just don't know where to start with preparation. Naturally, I have kept up with the new to some extent but I don't know technical terms yet and if they use those, I am stumped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.