Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I'll be 31 next month but I believe that birthdays don't count during a lockdown so I'll be sticking at 30. 😎

It's looking likely that I will miss two, so if that's the case, at least that is one major advantage to the last crappy 12 months!

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    Adding to the list of people talking about their age...I'm 32 and this is my first application cycle, having decided to make a career change. I fully intend to keep applying if I'm unsuccessful this cycle (as it's increasingly looking), I've come across people in their 30s and 40s who are trainees so we've all still got plenty of time :)

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    Good luck! But even if its not good news then please don't take it to heart. I took it so personally last year when my top ("dream") firm rejected me before the AC. As others have said, firms get SO many applications. Sometimes the factors in being successful are completely beyond our control. Just dust yourself off and look for the next opportunity.

cortana116

Jan 19, 2021
    Same. Haven’t heard back since. Don’t think I did well in the interview. Does anyone know when Davis Polk will reply with the outcome?
    Haven't heard from DP but was told they were hoping to get decisions out today! First interview was a bit tougher, hard to tell if it went well but felt that I connected with the second partner! Fingers crossed buddy

Reactions: breadpitt and OB

cortana116

Jan 19, 2021
    What does the 'On hold" email from SullCrom actually say/mean?
    If you're on hold it's likely that you passed the threshold requirements - however most invites have been given out already (to my knowledge), but definitely still in it! Many people got rejected without the on hold email and i received an invite a month ish after getting "on hold"

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.