2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
I would still try to call them today because otherwise you might be left worrying about it over the weekend but it's up to you. You could say something like you're just calling to follow up on your earlier email and making sure they'd received it.
Okay, yes I'll do this in a few hours so I've given them at least a full day to reply!

Reactions: Bugsy Malone

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Haven’t heard back from Addleshaw Goddard yet and I’m starting to really freak out! AG is my absolute dream firm and I think it was my best application, so I’m feeling super anxious :(
I think they’ve *just started sending stuff back so I would try not to worry. Just keep thinking it’s not a rejection until it’s actually a rejection - keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    If any of you mention PE on this forum....

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office
    PE :)

angry the office GIF

• Haha
    Reactions: cmaj

AD2021

Star Member
    May 22, 2020
    oh god its the worst! I'm waiting on Mishcon post VI and rejection from SPB (VI last year)! In some ways, its clear how random it can be because I've 100% improved from last year but clearly I was more successful lol. Fingers crossed you hear back soon and its positive!!
    Hi. Fingers crossed for you on Mischon!! Is there any chance you’d be able to give me an indication of the things that the SPI VI included last year? I would hugely appreciate it as these seem to be where I stumble (in my very few successful apps haha)

SamTam99

Legendary Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    I think they’ve *just started sending stuff back so I would try not to worry. Just keep thinking it’s not a rejection until it’s actually a rejection - keeping my fingers crossed for you :)
    Thank you so much! I think this process has just been so draining that I’ve now convinced myself into thinking every application is a rejection. Trying to keep my fingers very tightly crossed!!

• 🏆
    Reactions: collie_121, Andrew M and Hele25

KerC14

Valued Member
    Jan 26, 2020
    If that's true I'm running out of time lol!

I'm 26 and still applying! Try not to worry about age, I know easier said than done but our careers will be long enough to make up for starting later :)

I'm also 26 and still intend on applying for a few more cycles, I've really been working on overcoming the whole age thing!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.