2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesania

Star Member
  • Jan 11, 2021
    Hi! I was wondering if anyone was still waiting to hear from A&O? I saw that a lot of people already got their AC (or rejection emails). My application has been under review for more than a month...

I'm in the same boat, all of my friends have been rejected and they've applied before and after me. Hopefully, we will hear soon!

Kelly_

Distinguished Member
    Nov 9, 2020
    Hi guys, how necessary is it to write an introductory paragraph for the Ashurst cover letter? I’m just finishing mine up and I’ve gone straight into the body. Is that generally a no no? Would appreciate any insight :)
    I've just started mine with that I'm a recent graduate and that I'm applying for the Summer Vacation Scheme, it's only 2 lines but I think it just gives a more 'cover letter' like form to it! Plus there's a 1000 words so there's room to do it :)

whisperingrock

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 12, 2020
    I've just started mine with that I'm a recent graduate and that I'm applying for the Summer Vacation Scheme, it's only 2 lines but I think it just gives a more 'cover letter' like form to it! Plus there's a 1000 words so there's room to do it :)
    Hi guys, how necessary is it to write an introductory paragraph for the Ashurst cover letter? I’m just finishing mine up and I’ve gone straight into the body. Is that generally a no no? Would appreciate any insight :)
    I echo what Kelly said. Put in a line or two about who you are and what studies/work you're doing right now. There's plenty of room and its less jarring.

Reactions: Maculay and Kelly_

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    I applied in October and I’ve heard nada.
    I’ve seen people get rejected and invited to tests/AC who applied after me!
    In some cases, no news is good news! At least there is several of us in the same position, which means that we still have a chance rather than being straight up rejected or forgotten about. I will never understand how firms decide to separate and examine their applications haha

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.