Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I received a TC offer from Jones Day hours after receiving first-stage rejections from Addleshaw Goddard and SPB! My suggestion would be to apply to as many firms as is possible, without compromising quality, as there is definitely an element of random luck involved. Happy to answer any questions about the interview/VS. This forum has been very helpful, so thanks!

This is amazing news! Congratulations on your TC!

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    I received a TC offer from Jones Day hours after receiving first-stage rejections from Addleshaw Goddard and SPB! My suggestion would be to apply to as many firms as is possible, without compromising quality, as there is definitely an element of random luck involved. Happy to answer any questions about the interview/VS. This forum has been very helpful, so thanks!
    wow amazing!! biggest congratulations to you :)

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Mar 17, 2020

Amazing news - Congratulations!

Reactions: websterl

Han.louise

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    May 28, 2020
    I have just completed VI's for both SPB and Eversheds! I feel like neither went terribly but my mind did go black halfway through one of the Evershed's questions so I think I paused for what felt like forever but think it was only about 5 seconds in reality 😩
    How did you find the Eversheds one? Do you have any advice for completing it? Just received a VI invitation, so nervous!

MW110601

Star Member
    Aug 31, 2020
    How did you find the Eversheds one? Do you have any advice for completing it? Just received a VI invitation, so nervous!
    The questions themselves were not difficult, what I found the hardest part was that you only get one minute to read the question and prepare an answer and some of the questions were 3/4 sentences long so after reading I'd only have about 30 secs to think of what to say!

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Can an answer to 'why law' at interview be a solid 5 minutes non stop talking?

I would try to avoid being caught up in the length of your answers and focus solely on your content. That being said, I think 5 minutes seems a bit long. Exactly how many sub-points you have in your answer? Is there anything that you could possibly edit down?

Reactions: Jaysen
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.