2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    I don't have any advice but if it makes you feel better, I also have an upcoming AC with them and feel the exact same way :eek: Just gotta remember that when you feel a bit off or nervous, it's way more apparent to you than to the interviewer! You'll smash it!

This is really sweet thank you so much ❤️ Maybe see you there?! LOL.

I actually did an AC with TopScore for a non-law graduate role. I think the platform is easy to use, the documents for the written task will be opened in separate tabs, so it will be like different pages / tabs shown on your Chrome.

The only annoying part is that there isn't a timer on the page. It only shows the end time e.g. 11:30am, but that was not accurate in the sense that it won't close sharp at 11:30am, but suddenly close like maybe 2 or 3 minutes later. I think that buffer time is given for some final proof-reading, but when I tried to type something more, it just closed down randomly 🥲

Other than the timer thing, I think the platform is fine. Good luck with your AC!

Thank you SO MUCH. I was really worrying about this as I use Zoom/Teams every day and I'm so familiar with them. Plus, I have no idea how the camera works on TopScore, e.g. I always set a blurred background on Teams/Zoom. Thanks so much for the tip about the timer - probably worth keeping a timer myself then outside the platform :D

I'll let y'all know how it goes...

• Love
    Reactions: Victoria R and CJCH

dosblancos7

Legendary Member
    Feb 16, 2019
    Congrats! Last time I got through to their VI I was asked a competency, one commercial awareness and one on their firm - think it was how they remain competitive. May not be the same but prob along those lines! Do you mind me asking when you applied? :)

Thank you!! Will just see how it goes!

I applied on the 5th of October @Ricky (sorry for tagging, my laptop isn't letting me multi-quote)

Reactions: Ricky and jan28

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Mar 17, 2020
    I received two emails (but the first went to my junk so maybe check there??). The test is a GMA (??) which I've never heard of or done. If anybody has any advice on how to practice for that I'd appreciate it!

Also on my email it said it was due at 10am on Friday but later on at 3pm on Friday - did your email also say that?

I also had the same issue with two deadlines!

gg332dd

Valued Member
    Apr 2, 2020
    The next day ?! Which firm ? That's shitty though as best you can don't take it to heart. Literally 50% luck

Stephenson.. and it wasn't the shortest app either! Oh well.. I guess it doesn't make a difference if I got rejected now or 2 months later but it's just that I wasn't even put in the 'maybe' pile despite having what I thought to be a strong app.

They just "no ♥️" (aka "good luck in your search for a suitable position.")

Kieran Tierney

Jan 20, 2021
    Has ANYONE heard back from Linklaters? I've been on hold for over month at this point 😭!

The Office Laughing GIF

gg332dd

Valued Member
    Apr 2, 2020
    You actually sent GR an email to check whether your rejection was an error????

This is hilarious! 😂😂😂
    In my defence it was only a few hours after I submitted!! 🥺

I'm sorry this happened to you :( If it makes you feel better, I've spent weeks to tailoring apps only to get rejected two or three days later. Happens to the best of us
    Thank you , its ok really, just need that 1 offer right 😭

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi all, starting to feel very nervous about my upcoming RPC AC. The platform they use is TopScore, which I've never used, and I have no idea what to expect on the day in terms of the actual tasks. I'm also not feeling very well at all this week (my brain has felt very foggy) so if anyone has any tips, please do message me :(

scared no more GIF

I don't have any experience with the platform but if you're not feeling well please take a break from work and prep to recover. It's amazing what one day of rest can do, especially when being tired sometimes feeds into a vicious cycle of forcing yourself to prep, not doing as much as you'd like and then feeling even more tired anyway. I promise you're going to be absorbing information way better when you're well rested. Also, remember that hardly anyone actually knows for sure what to expect when walking into a firm and it's generally incredibly hard to feel 100% prepared for something that is technically made to test your on the spot thinking skills! You CAN totally do this!!!

• Love
    Reactions: cmaj
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.