2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
Jul 17, 2020
I actually did an AC with TopScore for a non-law graduate role. I think the platform is easy to use, the documents for the written task will be opened in separate tabs, so it will be like different pages / tabs shown on your Chrome.

The only annoying part is that there isn't a timer on the page. It only shows the end time e.g. 11:30am, but that was not accurate in the sense that it won't close sharp at 11:30am, but suddenly close like maybe 2 or 3 minutes later. I think that buffer time is given for some final proof-reading, but when I tried to type something more, it just closed down randomly 🥲

Other than the timer thing, I think the platform is fine. Good luck with your AC!

Thank you so much, this is super helpful!

• 🤝
Reactions: CJCH

user254

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    Has anyone heard anything from PWC (post game-based assessment) or DWF (post application) for summer VS? 😬
    hope prepare GIF by THE NEXT STEP

Kola

Legendary Member
    Sep 27, 2020
    Stephenson.. and it wasn't the shortest app either! Oh well.. I guess it doesn't make a difference if I got rejected now or 2 months later but it's just that I wasn't even put in the 'maybe' pile despite having what I thought to be a strong app.

They just "no ♥️" (aka "good luck in your search for a suitable position.")

OOF, hearing that name triggered PTSD in me. If its any consolidation, I am (was) in the same boat. I spent alot of time and effort on their application, and despite applying to firms that are considered more 'prestigious', I would have loved a Stephenson VS more than any other because of their expertise in art & cultural property which is a big interest of mine. I thought it was a very strong application, but lo and behold, phat rejection.

I'm sure you'll bounce back from this. I have learnt a lot since that rejection, and hopefully I can secure something from them next application cycle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.