2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cem

Standard Member
Jan 26, 2021
The whole point of the Pinsents test is you literally cannot guess and be successful. You need to get each group of 5 correct to get a point in the marking scheme. If you get 4/5 correct you get nothing.

The odds of guessing 5 answers (A b or c) correct are 1/3 × 1/3 x 1/3 x 1/3 x 1/3 = 3.9% chance you can guess one group of questions correctly.

There are 25 groups of questions so guessing just won't be successful.

DO NOT GUESS
I mean, you say don't guess, but if you don't know the answer then you've literally no other choice but guess or leave it blank (which would get you no marks anyways) 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: Kubed

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    This may have a really obvious answer but if you have secured a VS, is it something you can add to your app? Speaking in future tense of course.

Yes! For the summary bit, saying something along the lines of "Secured a two week placement at X firm" should be enough. Alternatively, instead of making it a separate work experience entry you could include it in the additional information section (if there is one). Thats what I did for direct TC apps I made.

Reactions: castrooo

Hazza hana

Jan 29, 2021
    I mean, you say don't guess, but if you don't know the answer then you've literally no other choice but guess or leave it blank (which would get you no marks anyways) 🤷‍♀️
    Take the time to answer the question rather than just guess.

If you don't know, leave it blank and move on you can always complete it later.

My point is you aren't going to get very far just guessing when you need all 5 right to get a mark.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Yes! For the summary bit, saying something along the lines of "Secured a two week placement at X firm" should be enough. Alternatively, instead of making it a separate work experience entry you could include it in the additional information section (if there is one). Thats what I did for direct TC apps I made.
    Cheers, just done that to a couple. Much appreciated :)

Reactions: Dheepa

MW110601

Star Member
    Aug 31, 2020
    PM direct source
    I'm not sure it is the best idea to comment what you have on here, when no one has any idea if this is true. You could make some people very anxious by saying they will be unsuccessful if they don't hear anything by 5pm today. I haven't heard anything from PM yet, but I also haven't seen anyone on here get any news who applied to the Manchester office like me. Those applying to London and Scotland seem to have received rejections and invites to the next stage, so it seems unlikely that other offices will automatically be unsuccessful if they haven't heard back by 5pm when not many applying to the regional offices seem to have heard anything yet.

Graduate Recruitment are probably just beginning to go through the applications for the regional offices so try not to worry if you haven't heard anything yet, no news is good news and it is not a rejection until you actually receive the rejection email! Stay positive everyone! 🙂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.