Not open for further replies.

time2work

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Nov 7, 2020
An AC will be virtually but with other people, and will usually be more conversational (asking questions and follow-ups). A VI is automated questions, with a time window to answer in and then you record yourself responding instead of live responses

congrats on the VI! When did you apply?
Thank you for your reply Callum.

I sent in my application on December 31st.

Legallin

Star Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 20, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a video interview coming up for Mishcon, it’s the first time I’ve got past application stage in 4 years so got a lot of pressure on! Was wondering if anyone could give any advice as to what sort of question they ask or about the video interview in general? It’s also my first video interview so I’m really nervous 😬 thanks :)

northernlawstud

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hello, guys, I am in the process of applying to HFW. Their application question is that using your existing knowledge of HFW, please suggest one way in which we might develop/ grow the firm, or enhance our legal service to clients?

For this question can I talk about diversity because they recently started to promote more female partners. Also, sorry @Jaysen if I posted this question in this thread because I didn't know in which thread to ask this question.
Has anyone answered this question? I honestly have no idea what to put. I could speak about inclusivity and diversion but I feel like they do this quite well.

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I don't know if this has already been covered on this thread. As a non-law student in my first round of VS applications, I would love to know the basics of what a VI entails, and how it differs to an AC? Will it require commercial awareness? I have been invited to a Latham & Watkins Summer VS VI interview and feel quite nervous... Any advice for three days of interview preparation? Or if anyone who has been through the Latham app process and can offer any advice I would appreciate it. :)
    Some tips for the Latham VI: Familiarise yourself with their main practice areas (if you don't have a genuine interest in PE don't feel like you absolutely have to take that route), prep for general commercial awareness questions like a news story your interested in and the general challenges etc facing the legal market. Also have a think about what you could bring to the role at a firm like Latham (both in terms of your skill set and personal interests).

Andrew M

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Jan 7, 2020
    I had exactly that and was pleasantly surprised by the first sets but gradually they became impossible! Hopefully the benchmark is very low...
    The email implied that this stage isn't solely on the test - they take the application into account too. So an average test result and a really strong application will probably do it. The trouble for me is that I'm not that confident in my application. Looking back at it, it's not nearly as concise as it could have been. So I think I need a really good test result to be in with a chance at getting an AC invite...

Tangle

Jan 30, 2021
    Hey did anyone apply to DAC Beachcroft ? I got a confirmation email for my app but the portal says it is incomplete and the deadline has passed. Did anyone else have this issue ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.