2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Real judgy from someone short sighted and dishonest enough to offer assessment centre materials to other people....

Edit: AND WITH YOUR REAL NAME. WOW.
    Christ I am away for 2 mins and all hell breaks loose. Has anyone thought of contacting her on LinkedIn @Jaysen to let her know?

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    I think it's equally likely that it is 'the real' person who just doesn't realise the rules about confidentiality

It could be, but it seems suspiciously targeted to me. There is the exact same post on TSR (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=93526256&highlight=dla piper) under an account made today. Why would you make a new thread with a headline pointing to something that the GR team explicitly told you multiple times in the AC not to do? The account has commented the same thing on two other threads too, as if trying to post it in as many places as possible to draw attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    It could be, but it seems suspiciously targeted to me. There is the exact same post on TSR (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=93526256&highlight=dla piper) under an account made today. Why would you make a new thread with a headline pointing to something that the GR team explicitly told you multiple times in the AC not to do under your real name?
    Yes, its highly suspicious to me. Most people use some form of screen name to keep anonymous on forums. There are only a small number of people who use their real and full name on here, and most of those people are TCLA staff members or who have a connection to TCLA (like scholarship members).

cmaj

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Yes, its highly suspicious to me. Most people use some form of screen name to keep anonymous on forums. There are only a small number of people who use their real and full name on here, and most of those people are TCLA staff members or who have a connection to TCLA (like scholarship members).
    Exactly! I hope this is all resolved quickly.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of 'false flag' type online trolling under another person's real name. It's awful, especially considering the repercussions that can arise therefrom.

Suffice to say, I'm really happy and proud of how the TCLA community rallied around in spite of someone clearly out to cause damage and belittle others.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Exactly! I hope this is all resolved quickly.
    All resolved here.

Just hope it gets removed from TSR too - as I said earlier, if someone is on there too, it would be helpful if you could report the posts there.

Thanks to those who reported it here.

jan28

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 12, 2019
    It is a troll... I have seen some pretty awful things in my time on other forums, but don't think I have ever seen anyone be malicious enough to pretend to be someone else in a way that could risk their future employment.
    this makes me so sad because as much i try to not believe in the cliches, this just reinforces how you really don't know who is out there trying to trip you up!

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Just realised that they are trying to release documents which were sent at an AC. Usually, you agree with the firm to not share these publically (cause of client details) so I hope DLA don't see this...

Reactions: arbitracion

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just realised that they are trying to release documents which were sent at an AC. Usually, you agree with the firm to not share these publically (cause of client details) so I hope DLA don't see this...
    The individual is contacting DLA to let them know that it is a troll. I have said that DLA can contact me if they need to speak to anyone here about it.

Hopefully the troll doesn't actually have the materials and its just malicous behaviour against the individual, rather than the individual and the firm. If they did, I would suspect it is someone from the same assessment centre, so might be fairly easy to identify anyway.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    The individual is contacting DLA to let them know that it is a troll. I have said that DLA can contact me if they need to speak to anyone here about it.

Hopefully the troll doesn't actually have the materials and its just malicous behaviour against the individual, rather than the individual and the firm. If they did, I would suspect it is someone from the same assessment centre, so might be fairly easy to identify anyway.
    Brilliant, hopefully, the TSR post will be neglected too. Thanks Jessica :)

Cardiff law grad

Star Member
    Aug 5, 2020
    Can I ask when you applied? I was under the impression they don’t respond till after the deadline which I think is next week!
    Oh, mines from last year, sorry! they postponed all recruitment until 2021 for our 2020 VS (thanks to miss rona) :) And yes, you are correct, they don't make any offers for AC's till around end of feb march (which is past the deadline)

Reactions: Lumree and kls

kls

Distinguished Member
    Jan 11, 2021
    Oh, mines from last year, sorry! they postponed all recruitment until 2021 for our 2020 VS (thanks to miss rona) :) And yes, you are correct, they don't make any offers for AC's till around end of feb march (which is past the deadline)
    Phew! I suddenly got very worried I’d got the deadlines and rolling/non-rolling confused! Good luck in your AC!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.