Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Anyone got any tips for the PWC VI?

Furthermore, is it appropriate to mention in my application that I secured a spring vacation scheme at another firm? Wanna show my dedication to law lol

33c

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 8, 2020
    To anyone that completed the Kirkland AC today, is there an motivational/competency based interview or will that take place in the next stage?

Reactions: SF1234

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    This may be a silly question, but is it OK to repeat what you said in your cover letter/application answers in your video interview? E.g. repeating your reasons in the VI for "Why Law?" or "Why this firm?" that you already listed in your application (not word for word obviously).

Also, does anyone know if we can re-record VI answers for the V&E VI this year?

Thank you!!

Reactions: Silas

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    This may be a silly question, but is it OK to repeat what you said in your cover letter/application answers in your video interview? E.g. repeating your reasons in the VI for "Why Law?" or "Why this firm?" that you already listed in your application (not word for word obviously).

Also, does anyone know if we can re-record VI answers for the V&E VI this year?

Thank you!!
    I'd say yes because firms probably would find it odd for you to be giving 2 totally contradicting viewpoints. I'd just reiterate the reason itself, and maybe expand on it and bring in other aspects.

Reactions: Zoo and ofm

CT

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 20, 2018
    Anyone got any tips for the PWC VI?

Furthermore, is it appropriate to mention in my application that I secured a spring vacation scheme at another firm? Wanna show my dedication to law lol
    I remember from last year I had 3 minutes to answer each question. Prepare standard ones like why law, why PwC, what skills can you bring to the organisation. There were also SJT questions and a case study at the end (mine was about an employment issue). There’ll be sub-questions in each question. I’m not sure if they changed the format this year tho. Good luck!!

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    When can we expect to hear from Travers Smith?
    I think it will be 2 more months still as their application process is really competitive but from what I heard they only have 3 people in grad recruitment so it explains why it takes so long for them to send out interview emails.

On another note for those waiting to hear back from applications just be patient as I know some law firms are slow at getting back regarding applications.

Reactions: Hugh Jarse

arbitracion

Star Member
  • Sep 28, 2020
    V&E VI!!!
    tv show omg GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race S5

Kola

Legendary Member
    Sep 27, 2020
    I don't understand this application process. I have a number of firms in the pipeline - I worked hard on these applications, have not heard back yet and see others on this forum invited to AC at those firms already. For Reed Smith, I got invited to answer the research questions on 4th Jan with a deadline of 8th Jan ( the same week I was preparing for an HSF AC and still had my my full-time job working 8.30am - 7.30pm.) I decided not to answer the questions as I did not have time. I received an email on 26th Jan from Reed Smith reminding me to answer the questions before the 29th Jan. I then decided to write something really last minute and quickly after work. Assumed the answers would be poor quality and the fact they were sent late would not be looked at favourably. I have just been invited to AC????

In terms of my personal experience with law firms, I have to say that Reed Smith is one of the most ditzy and confused firms I have encountered.

Reactions: Penelope and Veep9
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.