2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emily Kate

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 26, 2020
Just got an invite to an interview with BCLP! This is my first interview of this cycle, I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or tips on how to prepare and what to expect?
I did the interview about a week ago. It's with graduate recruitment and they asked why BCLP/why commercial law then a few competency and scenario based questions like whether I work well in a team. Good luck!

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I really don’t get when rolling firms give out interviews to people who have applied way later than you & yet you haven’t heard of a reply. What could be the reason for this? Is there a hold pile or something?

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    I really don’t get when rolling firms give out interviews to people who have applied way later than you & yet you haven’t heard of a reply. What could be the reason for this? Is there a hold pile or something?
    Yeh this confuses me quite a lot, especially when they encourage you getting in apps early but it looks like the earlier apps are often some of the last to hear 😩

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Every time I get an email notification...

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

Ricky

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Sep 16, 2018
    They will probably have some sort of filtering system so see some applicants ahead of others in the screening queue. Maybe also be the case that they haven't screened your app or you are in a hold/maybe pile. Very frustrating I know. I knew someone who applied three weeks after me for Weil and got progressed within 5 days of their app. Just gotta be patient.

Reactions: JoNo, Holly and Haz

H48

Star Member
    Oct 9, 2020
    Anyone know how long CMS take to get back post-AC? Just had mine there and I feel awful about it, I waffled so much on the commercial questions in the partner interview so I am not hopeful and want to be put out of my misery already haha

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Anyone know how long CMS take to get back post-AC? Just had mine there and I feel awful about it, I waffled so much on the commercial questions in the partner interview so I am not hopeful and want to be put out of my misery already haha
    They got back to me the next day, so you should know soon either way. Good luck :)

Reactions: M0723
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.