2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeF

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
If people have received their VI invite for Reed Smith post research questions yesterday, is it likely that it's a PFO if you haven't received this?
Is the VI the next stage? I thought some people said they received assessment centre invite after being successful at the research question stage.

LeilaScott

Valued Member
Nov 19, 2020
As Reed Smith is still open and I was a campus ambassador last year, do you guys reckon its worth shooting off a quick application? Dont want to waste time if there is no chance but I like the firm!

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    As Reed Smith is still open and I was a campus ambassador last year, do you guys reckon its worth shooting off a quick application? Dont want to waste time if there is no chance but I like the firm!
    Definitely, they're only just getting back to people in relation to the Spring Vac... Summer Vac deadline is 31st March so definitely apply!

Reactions: Lauren2

DJMG

Star Member
    Dec 20, 2020
    I am a graduate and am not available for Reed Smith's Spring VS (which is the one I'm eligible for). The Summer VS is aimed at undergrads, but do you think it's worth contacting them to see whether they would still consider my application?
    Definitely, they're only just getting back to people in relation to the Spring Vac... Summer Vac deadline is 31st March so definitely apply!

Reactions: Haz

SouffléSouffléSoufflé

Valued Member
    Future Trainee
    Mar 17, 2020
    When you are waiting to hear back from two law firms and you get a call - only for it to be about a home delivery.

The Office Reaction GIF

Bugsy Malone

Legendary Member
    Commercial Writer
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 24, 2018
    Anyone still waiting to hear back from Mishcon post-app? I applied close to the deadline (31 Dec), should I email the GR to check?:rolleyes:
    I'm also still waiting to hear back. Last year I wasn't invited to VI until 5/6 weeks after submitting my app, so they might just be taking their time. Hope we hear good news soon :)

jd3447

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    I am a graduate and am not available for Reed Smith's Spring VS (which is the one I'm eligible for). The Summer VS is aimed at undergrads, but do you think it's worth contacting them to see whether they would still consider my application?
    i'm in the same situation! if you contact them would you let me know the outcome (I also don't mind emailing) :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.