2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
Does anyone understand what happens in the Ashurst Test? As an individual with a learning difficulty I am confused by what the test even entails alongside being worried about how my condition may impact my results. Thanks :)

Reactions: SF1234

layk

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jul 16, 2019
If people have received their VI invite for Reed Smith post research questions yesterday, is it likely that it's a PFO if you haven't received this?

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    I must say, it's so refreshing to come on here and see this logical and sensible discussion about GameStop. I've been watching the r/wallstreetbets (wsb) thread very closely as there's no education quite like experience so I invested in a very small amount of AMC for a giggle to keep up with it hehe. What I can say from that experience is... honestly, it's like watching the end Titanic but instead of "don't let go Jack" it's "hold!!!1! to the moon daddy musk!!! 🚀😩" LOL

On a more serious note, it will certainly interesting to see the upshot from this and for how long it continues. What seemingly started as a fairly harmless situation of short sellers vs longs has morphed into this huge antiestablishment movement like nothing I've seen take off on the wsb subreddit before. At the moment, platforms aren't allowing the purchase of any memestock so it feels like an artificial decline of the 'movement' with many selling or losing interest, but one look on Reddit will tell you otherwise. In a similar way to what was seen with Trump supporters, the members of the group are promoting this real mistrust of news sources. I could even see this falling as part of the bigger move towards the regulation of social media as there is so much misinformation being spread on Reddit while the wsb subreddit has quadrupled its members (over 8m now)! This is just what I've seen though and I do not purport to be any kind of expert on financial markets :D
    If you want more logical analysis of the whole GME situation you should also take a look at r/stocks, much more balanced and data-driven!

• Love
    • ℹ️
    Reactions: Dheepa, cmaj and jan28

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I must say, it's so refreshing to come on here and see this logical and sensible discussion about GameStop. I've been watching the r/wallstreetbets (wsb) thread very closely as there's no education quite like experience so I invested in a very small amount of AMC for a giggle to keep up with it hehe. What I can say from that experience is... honestly, it's like watching the end Titanic but instead of "don't let go Jack" it's "hold!!!1! to the moon daddy musk!!! 🚀😩" LOL

On a more serious note, it will certainly interesting to see the upshot from this and for how long it continues. What seemingly started as a fairly harmless situation of short sellers vs longs has morphed into this huge antiestablishment movement like nothing I've seen take off on the wsb subreddit before. At the moment, platforms aren't allowing the purchase of any memestock so it feels like an artificial decline of the 'movement' with many selling or losing interest, but one look on Reddit will tell you otherwise. In a similar way to what was seen with Trump supporters, the members of the group are promoting this real mistrust of news sources. I could even see this falling as part of the bigger move towards the regulation of social media as there is so much misinformation being spread on Reddit while the wsb subreddit has quadrupled its members (over 8m now)! This is just what I've seen though and I do not purport to be any kind of expert on financial markets :D
    This analysis is great - It has been a rollercoaster following the posts in r/wallstreetbets! I also think it's great that this situation has caused many people to take an interest in finance/the stock market.

For anyone who is a bit confused by what is going on (and how this might be relevant to your interviews/the law), I'm going to find some time to write a short piece on the Gamestop saga in today's newsletter.

Last edited:

j597

Star Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    Does anyone know what Weightmans' tests are like? I haven't applied yet but have seen they do a preference questionnaire and a verbal reasoning test? Was just wondering if anyone had any idea what these involve?

Reactions: SThomas
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.