2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
has anyone on here previously 'beat the algorithm' for pwc video interview - where they get accepted by the algorithm without the need for the recruiters to personally watch the answers? intrigued as to how this can be done...

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    has anyone on here previously 'beat the algorithm' for pwc video interview - where they get accepted by the algorithm without the need for the recruiters to personally watch the answers? intrigued as to how this can be done...
    Would love to know this too. Seems very odd that you get given a score solely off your facial expressions and tone of voice 😅

Reactions: jan28

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Can I just say how much I LOVE this forum just because we can all see how far we've come since September?!

Seeing everyone's posts (like you @Ricky and @Celestie, and everyone else!) from the early stage panicking to the onslaught of rejections and offers to ... just seeing people come through the process with little successes :)

I feel like I know most of you guys here just from reading about you wanting to pick yourself back up or whether you've got an AC. The little things!

Keep going everyone ❤️ when this crazy year is all over, I'll be in London. Who wouldn't want a pint with some of you at a small pub overlooking the Thames? :D

nbc brooklyn 99 GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine
    Cheers - this is my first proper cycle and it has been chaotic adjusting to application work/life balance but it's been great to do it with you guys!

21wajsz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 3, 2020
    Hi! So I had my telephone interview with Dentons for the London Office on the week starting 18th January. From most posts it seems like most people heard back within 2 weeks. Has anyone who interviewed from that week heard anything back yet?

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    If anyone has any insights to the PwC VI, please give my frazzled self a message. My coursework has destroyed me this week so my prep time has been diced in half. More than happy to help with partner interview skills and tips.

Haz

Legendary Member
  • Dec 28, 2020
    Hi guys,

Did anyone hear back from W&C? I sent my app at the end of December (30/12).

I do not know what it is destroying more..my job or waiting for PFOs??!!
    From what I've seen, some people have had VI's and AC's, but they all applied a long time before the deadline, so they're clearly carrying out their recruitment on a rolling basis. They'll also only be looking through Spring VS applications (so if you applied for summer, may be even longer)

Reactions: S87

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Congrats to all the NRF spring scheme offers- did you hear back through phone or email? I was on the last AC for spring scheme (3rd February), did you all have ACs earlier than that?

collie_121

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Sep 30, 2020
    What office is this for, out of curiousity?

Still haven't heard a peep from the application (Manchester).
    This is for the London office :) Don't worry, I haven't seen anyone really (/many I might be wrong) get a response outside of the London/Scottish office so I'm sure you'll hear soon !!
    Completed my AG VI on the 26th as well for reference.

• Love
    Reactions: Andrew M

M0723

Valued Member
  • Jan 19, 2020
    CMS Academy offer!! Honestly in total shock because I thought the AC had gone terribly. Thank you so much to everyone at TCLA (including the lovely and encouraging people on this forum) for literally being the reason that I kept pushing through applications and interviews and still have (some of) my sanity left.
    Congratulations! Which office did you apply for and when did you do the application?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.