2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC4me

Aug 3, 2020
Yes.

You could have got the remaining five really wrong and got negative scores.

You could have taken longer than most candidates.

The questions you got wrong could be more heavily weighted than those you got right

But are you talking about two different assessments here? For instance you did a practice test and got 35/40 but then got the 9th percentile in another similar test?
It’s all the same test - I got 35/40 on the Hogan Lovell WG. I used 25 out of 30 mins.

Reactions: AspiringSol

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
Yes.

You could have got the remaining five really wrong and got negative scores.

You could have taken longer than most candidates.

The questions you got wrong could be more heavily weighted than those you got right

But are you talking about two different assessments here? For instance you did a practice test and got 35/40 but then got the 9th percentile in another similar test?
Is your time taken into consideration when scoring candidates?

* recently did Freshfields WG and had a few mins left so spent it reviewing questions 😬

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricky

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Morning all and welcome to another week of incessantly refreshing our emails lols

Dj Khaled GIF by Music Choice

SamTam99

Legendary Member
    Jan 5, 2021
    For anyone still waiting to hear back from Addleshaw Goddard post application, Grad Rec replied to my email this morning saying:

‘We are working extremely hard in processing all the applications this year, given the volume of applications we received this year it is taking us a little longer than usual to come back to all candidates, we will be in touch as soon as possible.’

Hope this helps anyone feeling stressed about not hearing anything ☺️

Mick Channon

Standard Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Willkie PFO - surprised with this one, spoke with graduate recruitment several times at various law fairs etc. Oh well...
    I think there's a fair bit of luck involved with them this year, given that it's their first year accepting TC applications. First, there's relatively less information about them in the UK online - especially when compared with other US firms - and, second, the short application form (250 words x 2 feels v short) means you don't really have much of a chance to show off what knowledge you do actually have.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.