2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I have seen everything from wine tasting to a type of yoga, to architecture of a specific period/country, to the activities of homeless charities.

As long as you can link it back to you and show a clear, thoughtful opinion on it, it really doesn’t matter what the subject is
    Thank you for this Jessica and I was just curious as I would assume most people would talk about this and then it would not make me stand out.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you for this Jessica and I was just curious as I would assume most people would talk about this and then it would not make me stand out.
    Think VAR wouldn’t be a popular topic to talk about.

1) most people aren’t football fans
    2) even those that are will have other things they might want to talk about

Reactions: Asil Ahmad

matpart

Star Member
    Jan 2, 2020
    @Jessica Booker I applied to Slaughter for the direct TC in October and have yet to hear back. Some have suggested I email them and ask, but I am worried this might be seen as nagging and that it surely will not increase my chances of progressing. Do you have any opinions on this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker I applied to Slaughter for the direct TC in October and have yet to hear back. Some have suggested I email them and ask, but I am worried this might be seen as nagging and that it surely will not increase my chances of progressing. Do you have any opinions on this?
    A polite and short email asking for an update on timescales will be fine.

Abii

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Feb 1, 2021
    Anyone waiting to hear from NRF still post tc app?
    Post WG? Or the initial app, they sent a bunch of PFOs and WG invites last Tuesday, 3rd feb. I believe everyone is still waiting to hear post WG as the deadline for completion hasn’t yet passed.

E.A

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2019
    Post WG? Or the initial app, they sent a bunch of PFOs and WG invites last Tuesday, 3rd feb. I believe everyone is still waiting to hear post WG as the deadline for completion hasn’t yet passed.
    Post application - I haven't had a rejection nor a WG invite yet

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.