2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoryis

Jan 25, 2021
i completed my tests for Mayer Brown on 30th December and received my automated feedback but still haven't heard back from the firm, do you think it's a good idea to email and follow up because even if it's a rejection I want to know now!
The automated feedback was starting with "By way of support, we are delighted to share the attached personalised feedback report...".

First time a law firm sent me an email with a "delighted" in it. I will not bother them even if it takes them 3 months to PFO me.

Jokes aside, I completed my tests on January 29. I guess a kind email wouldn't hurt in your case, and it is justified.

frow3n

Distinguished Member
Aug 19, 2019
Can anyone give tips on the Reed Smith SST? Have never done one and slightly nervous... Thanks!!
It's not time limited - which is nice! Takes about 15-20 minutes. I recommend just having a brief read of RS' values beforehand just so you have a good idea of what they're looking for.

Good luck!

Reactions: ofm

layla rose

Legendary Member
  • Nov 27, 2020
    not yet ! honestly every time I get a new email I have a heart attack. They said they are holding ACs at the end of this week/beginning of next so I assume we will hear v soon
    haha same! I mean i know they said beginning of the week and it’s only Tuesday morning but I’m getting impatient hahaha

Reactions: MzM

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Its a beautiful day
    Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

stemlawgal

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jul 8, 2020
    Is anyone still waiting on:

Linklaters Spring
    Freshfields Summer post-WG
    W&C Summer
    Simmons Summer Post VI
    Latham Summer
    Norton Rose Summer
    Sidley
    Gibson Dunn
    Mayer Brown
    Cleary
    Waiting on Links Spring, FF post WG, and Travers Smith (although I know they've said it'll be a bit of a wait). Kind of given up on the first 2 tbh.

GK8997

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2020
    The automated feedback was starting with "By way of support, we are delighted to share the attached personalised feedback report...".

First time a law firm sent me an email with a "delighted" in it. I will not bother them even if it takes them 3 months to PFO me.

Jokes aside, I completed my tests on January 29. I guess a kind email wouldn't hurt in your case, and it is justified.
    Yeah, I received the same feedback form, they said we'd hear back after that but still haven't- I know that they were interviewing for VS after that so I assumed they have just been busy and haven't emailed but may email in a few days if I haven't heard back as it's been 5 weeks nearly!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.