2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA99

Forum Winner
Jan 26, 2021
Hi everyone, I've got an AC coming up and I wondered which resources you'd recommend to prepare, firstly in terms of getting a slightly different insight into the firm but also just to fill any potential gaps. So far I've looked at the firm website, Legal 500, Chambers Student, Legal Cheek, and the free parts of The Lawyer. Is there anything else that's been beneficial to people? Thanks for your help :D

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019
Does anyone know why it is important to know about a law firms clients? How may it come up in interviews
could be useful if you are talking about a commercial trend - If you know who the firm's main clients are you could offer some client specific thoughts about how such trends may affect the firms clients, and what the firm could do to support their client

lawgeek_301

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
May 1, 2020
I still haven’t heard from Cleary:( does anyone know if they’ve given out TCs to people on the winter scheme? (they moved the ones who were supposed to do the vac scheme last summer to this winter - I know it from a friend who was in this position, but I haven’t talked to them in a while so not sure whether they’ve given out TCs or not).

Reactions: c0808 and law230

law230

Esteemed Member
Jan 20, 2021
I still haven’t heard from Cleary:( does anyone know if they’ve given out TCs to people on the winter scheme? (they moved the ones who were supposed to do the vac scheme last summer to this winter - I know it from a friend who was in this position, but I haven’t talked to them in a while so not sure whether they’ve given out TCs or not).
When did you apply?

• Wow
Reactions: FM302989

rose63

Star Member
  • Jan 28, 2021
    Anyone still waiting for Eversheds post-VI? Been two weeks now so tbh a PFO would be better than this radio silence. (I know lots have waited longer than 2 weeks for other firms but my VI was such a disaster I'm getting impatient waiting for the PFO)

Reactions: Anya B, layk and Elle W

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Your daily reminder to proofread, proofread, proofread: "swiftly" somehow ended up as "sexily" in one of my (thankfully unsubmitted...) answers

Good lord how quickly I would have been rejected :eek:

I think we all need to know the context in which 'sexily' would have been used now. You know. For science.

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Anyone still waiting for Eversheds post-VI? Been two weeks now so tbh a PFO would be better than this radio silence. (I know lots have waited longer than 2 weeks for other firms but my VI was such a disaster I'm getting impatient waiting for the PFO)
    No news is good news, they will have to review loads and mark them so maybe 3-4 weeks is more appropriate, last year i waited 3.5 weeks after my VI with Eversheds hope that helps :)

Reactions: rose63 and layk
    C

Carys Holland

Has anyone else done the BCLP test and their test still says “in progress”? I know it takes 24 hours to update but it’s been a few days and still says “in progress” rather than completed😅

AW_08

Valued Member
    Dec 20, 2019
    If you're looking for light hearted easy to read non-fiction, I love the entire Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella (my guilty pleasure honestly).For anyone looking for non-fiction recs, I haven't read these myself but have just bought them: Dark Money by Jane Meyer and Caste by Isabele Wilkerson ☺️
    Not sure if this is appropriate, but if you are looking for book recommendations, I have a book review page on insta that might be worth checking out? I review a variety of books so might be helpful ☺️

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    @Jaysen sorry to bother you, do you provide a quick turn around for app review?
    Yep - if it's a Gold or fast-track application, we'll return your application the next working day (if it's submitted by 5pm). If it's a Silver or standard application, we'll return it in three working days :).

Reactions: S87
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.