2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Just had the Mayer Brown AC.

They said they are planning on holding 9 ACs of 6 people each so 54 people. That is for all the VS and direct TC places. Maybe one more if necessary if they haven't filled all the spaces. They said people who applied on the deadline or close to it are unlikely to get through to AC as they are recruiting on a rolling basis.

MzM

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Sep 11, 2019

They said they are planning on holding 9 ACs of 6 people each so 54 people. That is for all the VS and direct TC places. Maybe one more if necessary if they haven't filled all the spaces. They said people who applied on the deadline or close to it are unlikely to get through to AC as they are recruiting on a rolling basis.
Hope it went well!

EVjuji

Valued Member
Nov 29, 2019

How did it go? I have my AC with them next week

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 9, 2019

Hey Ricky, how was it? I hope you did good!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Getting LOTS of questions about how candidates are allocated to different vacation scheme dates, and unfortunately I haven’t got the answer as it will vary from firm to firm.

If you are trying to work out which scheme you might be allocated to, then ask this as the assessment centre/interview to HR. It’s a legitimate question to ask if you have a genuine interest/reason for asking the question.

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020

I'm glad to hear your interview went well! Would your preference be the spring vac scheme?

ofm

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 14, 2021
    I wonder if this is just a particularly competitive cycle (the rejection emails seem to say as much) or if it will be much the same next year. Contemplating whether to keep going in the event I do not pick something up :rolleyes:

Someone told me that most firms have just had a really high number of applications this year. Maybe something to do with Covid & people sitting at home/the job security that law provides...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.