2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

layk

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Jul 16, 2019
Also just been rejected and mine said the same thing but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s generic, especially since they provide feedback!
I didn't get that in my BCLP feedback, but I did receive that feedback in 2019 and thought I strengthened my application since then and still got rejected this time round :/

Mea

Star Member
Apr 5, 2019
BCLP PFO (post-test) - quite disappointing as I attended the open day and had a few BCLP trainees look over my application! I applied the middle of December

Do all BCLP PFOs say “We would like to take this opportunity to highlight that we considered your application to be strong and would encourage you to apply again in future”?
Just received BCLP PFO for TC. Gutted! But I applied for VS as well, so not sure if I'm rejected for both as my letter only stated rejected for TC. Is anyone else in the same boat? Does this mean I am still being considered for VS?

Also re the 'considered strong application', I did not receive that this time. But did the year before. So well done!

Etudierlaw2022

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 10, 2021
Can I just say - if you're in a group exercise and someone gives a great idea, don't shoot it down just because he/she did well for the other exercises. Just came out of a group exercise where my idea was shot down and I was utterly bullied by everyone on the basis that it "wasn't interesting" when the criteria we were supposed to judge the idea against were all objective, business factors. I have never seen such unprofessionalism in the few AC group exercises I have attended thus far. If you want to win a slot on the scheme, win it on the basis of your strength and don't win it by putting others down. To the others who just sided with the bully and said "yeah" with some grunts of affirmation - shame on you.

I had a very similar experience in an AC, a guy was really rude about my idea and then the others rallied against him and were like "no it's good!" And I felt really awkward... I don't know if that guy got the VS, I would imagine that doesn't reflect well on people

Reactions: Hugh Jarse

TR17

Star Member
Jul 3, 2020
I didn't get that in my BCLP feedback, but I did receive that feedback in 2019 and thought I strengthened my application since then and still got rejected this time round :/
I didn’t get that in my feedback either, however I’d take their feedback with a pinch of salt. They said I should get involved in more societies and pro bono activities at uni. I graduated from uni in 2018 🤣

LS12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Apr 22, 2020
    Did anyone hear back from Willkie more than 10 days after the initial application? I applied 10 working days ago on 26 Jan and was expecting to hear back today as per the confirmation email.
    I also applied on this date and I haven’t heard either - tbf I think they have probably had loads of applications so I’m going with the flow

Reactions: Chloe L and packhorse
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.