2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
Just completed my Bakerz Video Interview and it was WOEFUL - like a literal JOKE - I'm replaying it over and over again in my head and don't know whether to laugh or cry it was soooo bad. Oh well. Better luck next time. And glad to have my first ever VI out the way - however the deeper I go in these processes, the more perplexed I am by this world 😂

I hope everyone else is having a great day though!! x
I actually thought the same thing when I first did the Bakers VI last year, I got cut off midway and lost my train of through during another question and I still got through so don't count yourself out just yet! Congrats on your first VI though, I personally think they're the hardest part of the whole app process honestly!

FM302989

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    Has anyone heard from Katten yet?

If I do not get wrong their Grad manager left the firm!

Re. Katten. I've been questioning whether or not to disclose this. Admins, do let me know if I should delete!

I attended Katten's Vacation Scheme last summer and they didn't offer any TCs because they wanted an in-office assessment. After spending months reassuring us a follow-up scheme would go ahead, a few weeks back the grad rec manager emailed us Vac Schemers saying all plans to recruit trainees for 2022 were cancelled. I'm uncertain if anything was announced to people currently applying this year but if you've not been told, then that's disappointing

I don't know anything about the grad rec manager leaving however. Worth checking LinkedIn

Mick Channon

Standard Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Re. Katten. I've been questioning whether or not to disclose this. Admins, do let me know if I should delete!

I attended Katten's Vacation Scheme last summer and they didn't offer any TCs because they wanted an in-office assessment. After spending months reassuring us a follow-up scheme would go ahead, a few weeks back the grad rec manager emailed us Vac Schemers saying all plans to recruit trainees for 2022 were cancelled. I'm uncertain if anything was announced to people currently applying this year but if you've not been told, then that's disappointing

I don't know anything about the grad rec manager leaving however. Worth checking LinkedIn
    This is insane! I think I'm connected with their grad rec person on LinkedIn and they have certainly been posting about vac scheme deadlines etc., for this year!

FM302989

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 16, 2020
    This is insane! I think I'm connected with their grad rec person on LinkedIn and they have certainly been posting about vac scheme deadlines etc., for this year!
    Yeah they posted encouraging people to apply a day before I received my heartbreaking email lol

What I will say it is, it is a US firm and they do have to follow what's told from their head offices.

This will apply for all your applications, but you never know what a law firm's business needs are, so its not always a reflection on how you are as a candidate

Constancepop

Standard Member
  • Feb 9, 2021
    Just completed my Bakerz Video Interview and it was WOEFUL - like a literal JOKE - I'm replaying it over and over again in my head and don't know whether to laugh or cry it was soooo bad. Oh well. Better luck next time. And glad to have my first ever VI out the way - however the deeper I go in these processes, the more perplexed I am by this world 😂

Sorry to hear it didnt go well! What kind of things did they ask if you dont mind me asking?

JoeF

Star Member
    Dec 23, 2020

It seems correct. Grad Rec manager posted this on her Linkedin not long ago:

"It's taken me a while to get there, but I'm excited to share that I'm launching my coaching business on 1st March!"

Mena M

Star Member
    Dec 16, 2020

exact same over here, almost completely wiped from my memory 😅

Reactions: chromaticaqueen

Penelope

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 2
  • Aug 14, 2019
    BCLP PFO (post-test) - quite disappointing as I attended the open day and had a few BCLP trainees look over my application! I applied the middle of December

Do all BCLP PFOs say “We would like to take this opportunity to highlight that we considered your application to be strong and would encourage you to apply again in future”?

user254

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
  • Jul 7, 2020
    BCLP PFO (post-test) - quite disappointing as I attended the open day and had a few BCLP trainees look over my application! I applied the middle of December

Do all BCLP PFOs say “We would like to take this opportunity to highlight that we considered your application to be strong and would encourage you to apply again in future”?
    Also got a PFO from BCLP, applied on the day before the deadline so wasn't holding much hope!

Imababysolicitor

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 9, 2019

Also just been rejected and mine said the same thing but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s generic, especially since they provide feedback!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.