2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Guys, as I am new to TCLA and don't know much about this platform and its history much other than Jaysen reason for starting this amazing platform, thank you for this.

I got a message on Linkedin this morning from someone called Jonathan Simnett who said that he is an executive at TCLA I dunno if that is true or not maybe @Jaysen would know about this. He invited me to a webinar about M&A and technology. Has anyone else heard of him also I am sorry if I sound dumb and stupid here.
    There's another group I've noticed recently called 'The Commercial Law Academy' who may use the 'TCLA' acronym; it may have been these guys.

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    There's another group I've noticed recently called 'The Commercial Law Academy' who may use the 'TCLA' acronym; it may have been these guys.
    No, it said the corporate law academy but no worries I passed it onto Jaysen. Also if there is another TCLA potential IP Law claim to sue because TCLA slogan belongs to Jaysen.

JayC

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 8, 2021
    Did Reed Smith offer feedback to everyone rejected at the research question stage? I thought their website says they don’t offer feedback at that stage lol
    To clarify, I just got an e-mail offering a feedback call. Also, am I allowed to now apply for the summer scheme?

Matt_96

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
  • Dec 15, 2018
    Yeah I thought it was weird

Can you do some investigation on behalf of the curious members of the TCLA community? Just take them up on their offer and see what happens. Maybe you got very close to an interview invite but had to be cut due to limited numbers and this is their way of telling you? Alternatively, it could be a mistake? I feel very invested now. I must know what happens next!

AH97

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 30, 2019
    Just wondering how many firms per cycle most people apply to? Been applying for a while now with good academics and work experience and not getting many ACs at all. Feels impossible!
    Applied to 21 this cycle - 13 rejections (including 1 post-interview and 2 post-VI rejections), 1 offer, 1 upcoming interview and waiting to hear from the rest!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.