2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewaythecookiecrumbles

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jan 14, 2021
Ugh, just submitted a VI. I feel like I gave four strong answers and then buggered it by waffling for the "any additional comments?" question at the end...

Drag Queen Hbo GIF by We’re Here
I literally did this for one if my VIs and got through to the AC. Don't worry about it because I think the additional info question is just a bonus.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Andrew M

M1999

Legendary Member
Nov 28, 2019
I was a few years ago. I applied for an Open Day, I contacted them they day before saying I assumed I'd been rejected because it was the next day and they'd not let me know. They eventually responded to me four months after the Open Day to say that I'd not been successfully (well, duh!). I think they might just be a bit of a ghost-y firm from my experience.
I second this. I had to email them every time after getting through to the next stage because it seemed like they forgot about me (even though I had got through), and 2 hours after every email I was given a reply.

• Wow
Reactions: OB

Kablahc

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
  • Aug 31, 2020
    I just completed the WG test for them - have you heard back about your interview / what was the turnaround time? Good luck!
    No, nobody's heard back from interviews yet as far as I know!
    In terms of turnaround from the WG they actually sent me the WG before the closure of the application deadline because I applied quite early. Then I got the video interview soon after the app deadline (did it a couple weeks ago now)

quick edit: I did hear from the GR team a couple days ago asking me if I could fill out a form that they usually give to people coming to the office in person, but it was all admin stuff and unrelated to the interview

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.