2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eliza9999

Jun 27, 2019
Heya! May I ask when you applied / got an invitation to the AC? I completed the arctic shore test in January and was told I'd hear back by 19th Feb (which has now passed) and I still haven't heard anything?
I don't know if this helps but I did my arctic shores test last week and got the AC the morning after I completed the test!

• 🏆
Reactions: Charlotteeeeee and Chloe L

chromaticaqueen

Star Member
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hi guys! I just finished the CRS VI, I had a few messages from others so thought it would be easier to respond here (@A92167!8 @chromaticaqueen @Hatice Yigitbas @Mollie Day )

SJT is fairly straightforward (although I am not confident in my answers :oops:), very similar to the standard practice ones so nothing to worry about.

VI was straightforward, nothing too unexpected in Qs. You could only record once, but unlike some others they let you see the Q and have as long as you like to prepare. Which inevitably means I spent my whole evening on a few questions 🤣

Went ok for me, I would give myself 10/10 for hair and 6/10 for answers. Unfortunately as I had a sore throat and insisted on practising so much I was basically mute by the last one 😫

Also they have said they will get back within 1 month.
    Thanks for this and great work on the hair! I did my VI yesterday and it was fine, as you say. Although I didn’t clock that we had unlimited time on the questions before clicking record (I thought it was a timer and it would pop up after a minute like they all do) so kind of pre-empted that - i.e giving myself only an actual minute and hitting record just in case. Damn! Had I known maybe I would’ve given better responses - oh well - at least it only took up 20 mins of my day and they got me in my truest light (panicky and breathy with average responses! 😂). Good luck!

ben4464

Jan 31, 2021
    did anyone ask NRF for their WG percentile?

In their e-mail, it says "Your results will remain strictly confidential and will only be seen by Norton Rose Fulbright recruitment team. All results will be stored in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)." -- does this means I can't request for my score?
    Hey - did you get any email confirmation after you completed the WG?

Legalmel_99

Legendary Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Last week in feb! Hopefully firms get back to us all because the wait is definitely the worse part ⏰ 😅

come here GIF by Bounce

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

This is just a friendly reminder to be vigilant of anyone sending you a private message. Unless you know them personally, I would encourage you to be wary of the information you share, particularly if the person is asking for something very specific, makes comments that make you feel uncomfortable, or hints at meeting up before you know them well.

This doesn't apply to 99% of TCLA members, but we do receive occasional reports about particular users.

Jess and I will continue to make sure we're warning/restricting/banning any users who don't follow these guidelines, but I just want everyone to know that it's completely okay not to respond to someone via private message or shut them down if they are asking for something that makes you feel uncomfortable. If someone does, please don't hesitate to message one of us or hit the report button.

Best,

Jaysen

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.