2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlotteeeeee

Dec 29, 2020
Not sure if you've seen this thread from last summer?

These tips are excellent:

Wow this is super helpful and exactly what I was looking for! Thank you for linking this thread to me, I appreciate it! :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Daniel Boden

Hele25

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 5, 2021
Does anyone know how many words 600 characters (including spaces) is for Pinsent Masons - I’m loosing my mind because each section doesn’t seem to match up (one answer is 250 worlds- fits fine and another is 160 and over) 😭😭😭😭

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know how many words 600 characters (including spaces) is for Pinsent Masons - I’m loosing my mind because each section doesn’t seem to match up (one answer is 250 worlds- fits fine and another is 160 and over) 😭😭😭😭
Special characters or paragraph spacing might be to blame.

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
I have an AC coming up this week and the information on their website majorly contradicts what we've been told via email. Is it reasonable to email GR and ask some questions and get some clarification on things? For example, online they've said there will be a written exercise but there's no mention in the email of one, online says you'll be given a topic to give a presentation on and given time to prepare it - but that's not what's happening. I understand things are probably different because of being virtual and Covid but it's left me a bit unsure how to prepare. Is it acceptable to ask, for example, whether the interview will be with GR or with partners? Is it ok to ask who I'll be giving a presentation to - is it just one person who's assessing me or the whole cohort of candidates?

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    I have an AC coming up this week and the information on their website majorly contradicts what we've been told via email. Is it reasonable to email GR and ask some questions and get some clarification on things? For example, online they've said there will be a written exercise but there's no mention in the email of one, online says you'll be given a topic to give a presentation on and given time to prepare it - but that's not what's happening. I understand things are probably different because of being virtual and Covid but it's left me a bit unsure how to prepare. Is it acceptable to ask, for example, whether the interview will be with GR or with partners? Is it ok to ask who I'll be giving a presentation to - is it just one person who's assessing me or the whole cohort of candidates?
    I'd say there's no harm in asking - the worst that will happen is that they'll just say they can't tell you and you just have to prepare for different scenarios

ishikam

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 20, 2021
    did anyone ask NRF for their WG percentile?

In their e-mail, it says "Your results will remain strictly confidential and will only be seen by Norton Rose Fulbright recruitment team. All results will be stored in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)." -- does this means I can't request for my score?

AJLegacy

Star Member
    Jan 25, 2021

In their e-mail, it says "Your results will remain strictly confidential and will only be seen by Norton Rose Fulbright recruitment team. All results will be stored in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)." -- does this means I can't request for my score?
    I think it just means that they won't share the results with a third party.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Yes, completely reasonable. It may have changed where it will be digital.

All those questions are reasonable pre interview. Maybe ask to arrange a quick 5-10 minute call as that will be a lot quicker than someone emailing you with all this detail.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019

It’s your data - you have a right to access it.

Reactions: OB and ishikam

Law1099

Valued Member
    Jan 18, 2021

I failed the WG test a year ago and I asked but I never got a reply, I guess it’s worth a shot though

Reactions: ishikam

HorsesForCoursesNeighNeighNeigh

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    M&A Bootcamp
    Dec 1, 2020
    Hi guys! I just finished the CRS VI, I had a few messages from others so thought it would be easier to respond here (@A92167!8 @chromaticaqueen @Hatice Yigitbas @Mollie Day )

SJT is fairly straightforward (although I am not confident in my answers :oops:), very similar to the standard practice ones so nothing to worry about.

VI was straightforward, nothing too unexpected in Qs. You could only record once, but unlike some others they let you see the Q and have as long as you like to prepare. Which inevitably means I spent my whole evening on a few questions 🤣

Went ok for me, I would give myself 10/10 for hair and 6/10 for answers. Unfortunately as I had a sore throat and insisted on practising so much I was basically mute by the last one 😫

Also they have said they will get back within 1 month.

Annalie

Oct 5, 2020
    Hi, wondering if anyone has heard from Farrer & Co, CRS, Forsters and Boodle Hatfield? Am particularly interested to know if anyone has heard from Boodle.
    If it helps anyone, I heard from Debevoise on Wednesday after sending my application on New Years Day.
    Heya, I didn't manage to apply to Boodle but I've got a video interview for CRS that needs to be submitted by 26th Feb and an AC with Farrer on 8th March. Please do let me know when you hear back!!

Annalie

Oct 5, 2020
    Hi guys! I just finished the CRS VI, I had a few messages from others so thought it would be easier to respond here (@A92167!8 @chromaticaqueen @Hatice Yigitbas @Mollie Day )

SJT is fairly straightforward (although I am not confident in my answers :oops:), very similar to the standard practice ones so nothing to worry about.

VI was straightforward, nothing too unexpected in Qs. You could only record once, but unlike some others they let you see the Q and have as long as you like to prepare. Which inevitably means I spent my whole evening on a few questions 🤣

Went ok for me, I would give myself 10/10 for hair and 6/10 for answers. Unfortunately as I had a sore throat and insisted on practising so much I was basically mute by the last one 😫

Also they have said they will get back within 1 month.
    Thanks for this!! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.