2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WannabeSolicitor24

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer 26
  • Apr 14, 2020
    Cat Zoom GIF by GIPHY News

First thing I am buying with my trainee salary (if I ever get a TC plz god be nice to me) is a cat and no one can stop me

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey guys,

Just to let you know that the forum team is running a new commercial discussion each week. Every weekend, they'll pick a new topic to discuss and anyone is open to ask questions/share their thoughts. This will be based on a story in the commercial newsletter.

The idea is to help anyone to develop their commercial awareness by actively engaging in topics that are currently in the news.

This week, the team are discussing Tesla's investment in bitcoin: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/goodbye-fiat-tesla’s-investment-in-bitcoin.3426/post-64770

ZaraB

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 13, 2020
    Just a special thanks to those who have posted rejections, awaiting and successful apps!

People always talk about their successes but this forum is very good at normalising rejection as sometimes I feel like I am the only one getting rejected especially at this time when I have a few firms that have been silent!:)

legalCheek27

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 29, 2020
    Have Willkie post-VI 'written analytical exercise' coming up. With the keyword being 'analytical', I'm guessing this will differ slightly from other written assessments. Does anyone have any experience with this/ tips on how best to prepare? As a general point, I've let myself down so far when it comes to the written assessment stage (I'm just a fairly slow reader and always leave myself too little time to do the write up) - so any tips with regard to time management during WAs would be much appreciated).

CareerChanger

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 5, 2021
    Hey guys,

Just to let you know that the forum team is running a new commercial discussion each week. Every weekend, they'll pick a new topic to discuss and anyone is open to ask questions/share their thoughts. This will be based on a story in the commercial newsletter.

The idea is to help anyone to develop their commercial awareness by actively engaging in topics that are currently in the news.

This week, the team are discussing Tesla's investment in bitcoin: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/goodbye-fiat-tesla’s-investment-in-bitcoin.3426/post-64770
    48A277F9-29C5-4D57-BB55-CFFBF5488964.jpeg

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Just a special thanks to those who have posted rejections, awaiting and successful apps!

People always talk about their successes but this forum is very good at normalising rejection as sometimes I feel like I am the only one getting rejected especially at this time when I have a few firms that have been silent!:)
    I am still waiting for firms since 1st February like Cooley but know what it feels like to be rejected. I feel you.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    First thing I am buying with my trainee salary (if I ever get a TC plz god be nice to me) is a cat and no one can stop me

edit: Actually I will adopt a cat and leave a donation at the cat rescue. Cats need homes.
    My fiancee is on at me for a pair of Daschunds when we're settled in London 👀

kat_

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 14, 2020
    Hi everyone!
    (it might be a stupid question)
    but I am wondering whether there is a point in applying for a training contract with no legal work experience? or is it better to wait for autumn for VS applications?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.