2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD2021

Star Member
May 22, 2020
hey guys so I'm completing the WBD app and in the work exp section is says this:
"Please describe how your experience in this role matches the job you are applying for. Think about how the experience you've gained would help you be successful in performing your duties."

do I have to do something different to normal work exp sections?
Sorry it’s late but tbh I didn’t no I just think that their application was so tough anyway I just tweaked my experience slightly

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
this is very interesting!!!!! as someone that knows literally NOTHING about Farrers, what issues have the firm had in the past involving an ethical dilemma? yes I am only asking this because I'm nosey x
Long story very short: they were representing News International during the phone hacking scandal and apparently advised News International to hack the phones of opposing counsel.

cmaj

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
  • Sep 18, 2019
    Long story very short: they were representing News International during the phone hacking scandal and apparently advised News International to hack the phones of opposing counsel.

Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by NBA

• Haha
    Reactions: SThomas and OB

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    just did the WBD pymetrics test and I genuinely think that it's painted me very very inaccurately.

I think that tests like these, which are game based and a report is produced, are definitely not accurate - in a game, if I shoot someone, that doesn't mean I will shoot someone in real life! I think this is what is missing - people react differently in 'game' scenarios as they aren't real! The rewards are all virtual and so are the consequences - I can 100% say that I would react differently in real life :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.