Esteemed Member
Jan 20, 2021
Me waiting for my PFO from Macfarlanes
Angry New York GIF
ok but why is this me

zigzag84

Star Member
Feb 4, 2021
just did the WBD pymetrics test and I genuinely think that it's painted me very very inaccurately.

I think that tests like these, which are game based and a report is produced, are definitely not accurate - in a game, if I shoot someone, that doesn't mean I will shoot someone in real life! I think this is what is missing - people react differently in 'game' scenarios as they aren't real! The rewards are all virtual and so are the consequences - I can 100% say that I would react differently in real life :/
I have never done one of these before but you are not giving me a lot of confidence for it haha. Can I ask if you did it on a laptop or smartphone? And which you think would be better?

Reactions: hd112211

I.Like.UFOs.Not.PFOs

Esteemed Member
Jan 6, 2021
just did the WBD pymetrics test and I genuinely think that it's painted me very very inaccurately.

I think that tests like these, which are game based and a report is produced, are definitely not accurate - in a game, if I shoot someone, that doesn't mean I will shoot someone in real life! I think this is what is missing - people react differently in 'game' scenarios as they aren't real! The rewards are all virtual and so are the consequences - I can 100% say that I would react differently in real life :/
Same! I am a bit worried because bits of my report directly contradict what I have written in my application. For example, in the test I scored that I ‘don’t put a lot of effort into small tasks,’ but in my application I wrote that I put full effort into every task that I am given 💀

Dheepa

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    There wasn’t any time for me ask questions in my partner interview at my AC - is this a bad thing? 😭 We were short for time

Not at all! This happens a lot especially if partners have meetings to rush off to. The question time doesn’t count very much to the outcome anyway seeing as it’s more for your benefit. Try not to worry too much, you’re all good ☺️

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    I was in the same boat as you, then I emailed them and within minutes I had a rejection.
    Hey, I'm sorry to hear that- especially given that you had to wait a long time for the outcome. I emailed them as well and they said they were very busy with applications and would get back to me as soon as possible. Perhaps they've been swamped with applications this year?

Reactions: Deleted member 8599

cryingoverTCs

Legendary Member
  • Mar 1, 2020
    I have never done one of these before but you are not giving me a lot of confidence for it haha. Can I ask if you did it on a laptop or smartphone? And which you think would be better?
    I'm so sorry! I definitely didn't mean to dampen anyone else's confidence - I was just ranting 😅
    I did it on a smartphone and I definitely think it would be easier because there were some that were to do with tapping and I think I'm better at tapping on a smartphone :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.