2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawstudent1997

Distinguished Member
Mar 2, 2021
I had mine a couple of weeks ago and managed to get through! It's quite a nice conversational style, my partner didn't write anything down and we had a chat about how the GDL was going and then went pretty quickly into ethical / moral dilemmas! Super random and pretty much no way to prepare for those. The advice I got from a current TS trainee was to just be super chatty and bubbly - apparently that's what they like! message me if you have any particular questions - happy to help ! :)
Thanks so much for this advice really appreciate it! Will drop you a message if I have any specific qs!

wdclarke

Feb 22, 2021
does anyone know what travers' conversion rate is for VS to TC?
I think I read somewhere that around 50% of their TCs (25) attended the VC, and they have circa 70 VC candidates, so around 18%? However, it does say that they only open their TC direct application after the VCs have finished, which might indicate they are open to filling all the spaces.

Are you on a VS? I'm just waiting to hear what date I'm getting.

• ℹ️
Reactions: acceleratedlaw

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
I have AC next week in which they’ve specified we have a strengths based partner interview. Would it be wise to also prep some why the firm, commercial awareness etc questions too? Bearing in mind I’ve already done a VI which asked some competencies and a recent news story about the firm
DWF? I don't think it would be a bad idea to be prepared for some general commercial awareness. I've had other "strength based interviews" where they've snuck in a couple of commercial awareness questions at the end. But it does sound from the email like the group exercise is the main part where they will be assessing CA.

• 🏆
Reactions: collie_121
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.