2020-21 Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
Just been invited to an in office TC interview next week. What do people in the forum think?
Is it optional to go into the office? Or are they saying you have to? This is definitely personal preference I feel, I wouldn't want to go in just yet because I don't want to take public transport but it differs from person to person!

Tan

Oct 4, 2019
Just received Mishcon case study! Does anyone know what to expect? Or how best I can prepare for a case study? Haven’t done one before so any general advice in case studies would be really appreciated! :)

Hi, how did the case study go? I've never done one either so would love to hear about your experience at Mishcon!

GK8997

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2020
Not optional
I think that's a little unfair considering the country is still in national lockdown and people are only supposed to be going into the office when they can't do work at home or for wellbeing reasons (which I don't think applies here as interviews can be held by video) but again hopefully you're in a position where you can go in and smash this interview!

Tan

Oct 4, 2019
Just received Mishcon case study! Does anyone know what to expect? Or how best I can prepare for a case study? Haven’t done one before so any general advice in case studies would be really appreciated! :)

Hi, how did the case study go? I've never done one before, so would love to hear about your experience at Mishcon!

LawGrad2019

Distinguished Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hi, how did the case study go? I've never done one before, so would love to hear about your experience at Mishcon!

Hey - just thought I'd hop on. I did the Mishcon case study in 2018 and got through to the final interview. If you know their practice areas off-by-heart (with a rough idea of what they all do), as well as apply some common sense and close reading of the document, you should be fine!

Reactions: Tan

Crastle

Star Member
Mar 4, 2020
There's only 10 offers total, not everyone's got LinkedIn / posts on it + I feel like once people finally get a VC or TC offer they just tend to leave the forum (not everyone obviously but).
Oh and there's also a lot of people who don't post here at all / don't use forums.

I'd like to think there's still hope but I don't want to hope and then get sent the dreaded rejection in 2 days..
Oh I thought there were 16 offers? 10 for London 6 for Reading. Where did you read 10?

LegalNim

Legendary Member
Nov 14, 2019
Hi guys wanted to ask if anyone knew if it’s okay to put on the work experience section for X law firm app about your upcoming vac schemes at a different firm/s. Is this okay to show you’re a serious candidate etc or do law firms not like it cos it’s a diff firm? Thanks 🙏🙏
Personally, I wouldn't put in work experience I hadn't done yet. So, I'd definitely include a vacation scheme I've completed but not one that's coming up. That's just my personal opinion.

Lohana

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Personally, I wouldn't put in work experience I hadn't done yet. So, I'd definitely include a vacation scheme I've completed but not one that's coming up. That's just my personal opinion.
Thank you appreciate the reply. I guess I also forgot to say if it’s a direct TC app I would prefer to show that I’ll have some relevant city law work experience by the time I join X firm for their direct tc rather than nothing at all and ofc I would say “incoming...” to show I haven’t done the experience yet. @Jessica Booker would be useful to get your advice on this. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.