2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

chi.c

Feb 11, 2021
I recently got a PFO from Freshfields post WG test, and I was really upset but also confused about it and I want to gain a better understanding of the possible reasons why I got sifted out. I'm aware that they reviewed our applications initially, upon which they would selectively invite candidates to complete the WG test. However, I was in the 98th percentile for the WG test and they usually review this in conjunction with your application again. As they do not provide feedback, I'm wondering if anyone else here has gone through something similar or if you're aware of any other potential factors?

Reactions: dosblancos7

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    To those still waiting for Freshfields, all interview invites have been made (they interviewed 35 candidates in total for the winter window out of over 1k apps). I hope this helps!
    Damn if I had known that was gonna be how it was, I wouldn't have bothered. :(
    Baby Reaction GIF

• 🤝
    Reactions: castrooo and whisperingrock

SecretSantaxx

Star Member
    Dec 9, 2020
    Does anyone know if I can still submit a training contract application to Freshfields in the summer application period after being rejection from the vac scheme earlier this year? Their website it very unclear. I don't know how to interpret this.

On the vac scheme webpage it says "Our vacation scheme is very competitive. If you are applying for a training contract, don’t worry if you didn’t get a place on our vacation scheme – we will still consider your application."

On the training contract webpage it says "You can apply once per academic year, so if you apply for a training contract during the winter application window, you cannot apply again during the following summer application window."

It says "you can apply once per academic year" but does that can mean you can apply once per academic year for the training contract or you can apply once per academic year for any scheme?

tractor12

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Oct 6, 2019
    Does anyone know if I can still submit a training contract application to Freshfields in the summer application period after being rejection from the vac scheme earlier this year? Their website it very unclear. I don't know how to interpret this.

On the vac scheme webpage it says "Our vacation scheme is very competitive. If you are applying for a training contract, don’t worry if you didn’t get a place on our vacation scheme – we will still consider your application."

On the training contract webpage it says "You can apply once per academic year, so if you apply for a training contract during the winter application window, you cannot apply again during the following summer application window."

It says "you can apply once per academic year" but does that can mean you can apply once per academic year for the training contract or you can apply once per academic year for any scheme?
    You won't be eligible to apply for a VS and a TC in the same year. It is saying, the year after you fail to get a VS, you can now apply for a TC. You can't reapply in the same window

SecretSantaxx

Star Member
    Dec 9, 2020

Does that mean you can apply once per academic year for the training contract or you can apply once per academic year for any scheme?

@Jessica Booker how would you read this?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.