2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anon 11031

I know Shoosmiths are reviewing apps still but, out of curiosity, has anyone heard back for the Leeds office yet? I haven't seen much in terms of responses outside of their London office!

Asbi

Star Member
May 15, 2021
Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone could help me with my AC i have coming up. The firm is Weightmans and I am so nervous I am starting to panic. The AC will comprise of a group task involving a case study, a presentation (topic is LPC or SQE) followed by interview and a written exercise likely to be an essay. Any insight or advice will be much appreciated

Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Hi everyone. Just wondered if anyone could help me with my AC i have coming up. The firm is Weightmans and I am so nervous I am starting to panic. The AC will comprise of a group task involving a case study, a presentation (topic is LPC or SQE) followed by interview and a written exercise likely to be an essay. Any insight or advice will be much appreciated
    Just sent you a message!

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    If you're not already familiar with them, my previous articles cover case studies, written assessments and group tasks. All are available via the link in my signature :)

Best of luck with the AC!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey! Is there a thread on preparing for an upcoming VS? Thank you
    Some useful content here:

John Travoni

Legendary Member
    Jan 14, 2021
    I am drafting a cover letter, how small can the font be before it gets too small? I put 10 so that everything I want to say can fit ...
    I was told by graduate recruitment that the font has to be a minimum size of 12, and their preference is Times New Roman.
    They dislike when you make the font smaller bc they understand you’re only doing that to put more in.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I am drafting a cover letter, how small can the font be before it gets too small? I put 10 so that everything I want to say can fit ...
    I’d generally say 10.5.

But I have seen 10 work if you are not squeezing everything else in (eg narrow margins, narrow line spacing, lack of paragraphs).

More times than not it’s probably a case being ridiculously picky with your phrasing and ensuring you are super concise to get it to one page rather than making your font size smaller.

Reactions: MLF

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I was told by graduate recruitment that the font has to be a minimum size of 12, and their preference is Times New Roman.
    They dislike when you make the font smaller bc they understand you’re only doing that to put more in.
    Shows you how things differ…. I know some people who’d say 12 is too big 😂

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.