2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiancaM

Distinguished Member
  • Apr 10, 2021
    I did mine with BCLP a few months ago and it had a few elements to it. Firstly, it was a test of what your personality is like. I received a report in the aftermath of what I am like - strengths and weaknesses. I do think they pick personalities they think would fit with the firm (I might be wrong on this though).

Secondly, keep in mind that after the personality test, there is a small critical thinking test (WG). I think they could have given me a heads up so I could practice it.
    hello! i also received the report but did you get any confirmation about whether that means you are being processed to the next stage? or does receiving the report mean that's the end of that road

Sharrphie

Standard Member
    May 24, 2021
    Guys,

I am in tears.
    I've been offered the final partner interview at Fieldfisher and I've passed the AC.

I can't believe it.

(I couldn't have gotten this far without all of your support, and I would like to personally thank @Alice G and @Jessica Booker for all of your kind words of encouragement.)
    Congratulations! You should really be proud of your achievement! I am still waiting for my results post online test. I got the result last Thursday.

Reactions: djqb

Tushar

Distinguished Member
    Mar 18, 2020
    Is the deadline of 25th June for Ashurst only for application or does it mean that we have to submit our application a week before to receive psychometric tests before 25th June?

TCGIRLLL

Star Member
    Apr 21, 2021
    Hi guys, I’m feeling really discouraged/burnt out this morning and I don’t know why, on my spreadsheet I have 24 firms, I have completed 14 applications, received three PFO’s and I haven’t heard back from the other 11. Do you guys think I should just keep going or 14 is enough to give it a rest? The 10 left the deadlines are in July but I’m honestly not motivated. I just feel like I’ve been wasting my time and effort.

djqb

Legendary Member
    Sep 6, 2020
    Hi guys, I’m feeling really discouraged/burnt out this morning and I don’t know why, on my spreadsheet I have 24 firms, I have completed 14 applications, received three PFO’s and I haven’t heard back from the other 11. Do you guys think I should just keep going or 14 is enough to give it a rest? The 10 left the deadlines are in July but I’m honestly not motivated. I just feel like I’ve been wasting my time and effort.
    Keep going. Trying and failing is better than not trying at all.

Just make sure that you send out as many apps of the highest quality. It's a numbers game this way. All the best!

Reactions: Anon 11031 and MLF

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If they are July deadlines, take a pause (for however long needed), recoup your energy and motivation, and then focus on applying.

The vast majority of applicants won’t be applying until post 21st July anyway, so you have plenty of time.

But clearly you haven’t got plenty of focus/energy at the moment (which I can completely understand why). So focus on getting that up as if you don’t, the time you do have becomes a bit of a non talking point.

Georgina Evans

Valued Member
  • Jul 25, 2019
    I hugely relate to this - I find it so hard seeing the applications I've sent out and the rejections I've received. But you still have 11 firms to hear back from which could be positive so don't lose hope because you still have so many left to hear back from!

I also think taking a break from applications for a week or two would be really helpful and would allow you to rest and recharge. It's so hard to not feel demotivated and think what's the point but like other people have said it is a numbers gain and the more high-quality applications you send the better your chances. Take a break and when you're ready get back on it! ❤️

A

Anon 11031

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.