2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Is it worth applying for fieldfisher at this stage? I mean given they’re rolling and given some offers already is it worth just focusing on the July deadlines?
    I'm not applying to them because of that tbh. I also remember their application question being quite annoying and needed some research. I don't have any working brain cells left for that lol

Reactions: Sebastian Clark

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    Yeah that’s what I’m finding, trying to drag some motivation from somewhere but it’s not coming lol
    Literally me. I badly need a break from everything TC related and I said I would just spend my time watching Netflix and crappy shows but I'm spending all my time lurking on TCLA, LinkedIn and firm websites 🤣 🤣

• Love
    • 🤝
    Reactions: MLF and Sebastian Clark

Sebastian Clark

Esteemed Member
    May 5, 2020
    Towel = thrown in for FF I think. There’s an AG app I started a while ago which I think I can do with less effort tbh 😂
    Literally me. I badly need a break from everything TC related and I said I would just spend my time watching Netflix and crappy shows but I'm spending all my time lurking on TCLA, LinkedIn and firm websites 🤣 🤣

Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii
    A

Anon 11031

Is it worth applying for fieldfisher at this stage? I mean given they’re rolling and given some offers already is it worth just focusing on the July deadlines?
    They're holding ACs in July for Manchester and London, I believe. It can't hurt if you have the time!

Edit: where have you seen offers being made? I know there was a very early AC in June for London but I haven't seen anyone get a TC offer yet

Noodles52

Distinguished Member
  • Jun 24, 2021
    I didn't know this either, but they are rolling. Are you sending an application as well?

They will be running ACs mid-August and will be making offers straight away.
    FF applicant here. I received an invite to a final stage interview from the back of the Mcr AC June 11th (in 14 hours, how scary). They will be providing TC offers from early July once the interviews from this particular AC have been completed. But they’re also holding later AC’s in July anyway, and I can only refer to Manchester, I’m sure London and B/ham are similar. But definitely still worth applying!

• Wow
    Reactions: Sonia_Kawaii

N.9

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 1, 2021
    Out of curiosity, has anyone had a phone interview with Morgan Lewis before and would be willing to share a bit about it, please? I.e whether it's strength-based/competency based etc

Reactions: Joelybob

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    I feel like I don't have enough things such as extra curricular activities, scholarships, achievements, etc.

In fact, I have nothing for the last two! I don't know if its me just being hard on myself when looking at achievements and underselling myself?

Does anyone have any examples of valid achievements they can think of so I can judge whether or not it's just me being negative or whether I actually don't have any? 🤣
    I know you've already been given a lot of fantastic advice on this but just want to say I completely relate - I was never very convinced that my interests were interesting enough. But just to drive home the point that you really can talk about anything you are interested in, I once wrote about my really rogue interest in astrology for an app. 😅 It doesn't need to be something for which you've won an award or anything. As long as you can explain why you like it, and demonstrate the dedication that went into learning about it or picking up the skill, it more than counts. ☺️

Sonia_Kawaii

Legendary Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Jan 12, 2021
    FF applicant here. I received an invite to a final stage interview from the back of the Mcr AC June 11th (in 14 hours, how scary). They will be providing TC offers from early July once the interviews from this particular AC have been completed. But they’re also holding later AC’s in July anyway, and I can only refer to Manchester, I’m sure London and B/ham are similar. But definitely still worth applying!
    Oh wow. When did you apply and have your telephone interview?

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    I'm of the opinion that it's almost invariably worth sending an application off, unless that application is going to be of such poor quality (eg you tried to write it in an hour) that it would be an affront to your capabilities to submit it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.