2020-21 Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB1539

Star Member
Feb 26, 2021
Hi everyone, has anyone here already done their LPC? I’m starting mine in September ahead of my TC, and it’s been a few years since I did my law degree! Does anyone have any tips regarding things I can do to get myself prepared? Thank you!! ☺️

Reactions: Lisa Lowe

siddi7

Standard Member
Jul 8, 2021
Hi everyone, has anyone here already done their LPC? I’m starting mine in September ahead of my TC, and it’s been a few years since I did my law degree! Does anyone have any tips regarding things I can do to get myself prepared? Thank you!! ☺️
Hi I have just completed the LPC at the University of Law and these are some tips I would give:
  • Make sure you organise your notes as it makes it so much easier when you come to consolidate your notes for revision and for the open-book exams. Tab your books/folders so you can easily flick to areas so you don't waste time in open-book exams
  • Some people may say try and refresh your basic contracts knowledge before starting the LPC which is useful but I did the LPC a few years after my law degree and I didn't do this and was fine.
  • Keep on top of your workload - The LPC can be quite intense and you can be expected to cover a lot of content in one week. Doing so will really help come revision time. So make sure you try to do all the reading and if you can't, make sure to do it after as consolidation and do the test and feedback questions as they are great practice for the Multiple Choice Questions.
  • I studied the LPC part-time so I found using a diary really helpful to plan in a certain amount of hours in the evening after work to ensure I covered the pre-reading before a workshop. In addition, I bought a wall planner so you can physically see when the exams days/mock assessments/holidays were and plan around it.
Hope that helps :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Covington direct TC rejection although I got this:

We felt you submitted a strong application and would encourage you to reapply for a vacation scheme position. Applications for our winter and summer vacation schemes will open in September 2021.

Not sure if that was a generic email though lol.
Won't be completely generic - they won't encourage applications from people they don't think are strong enough. If they Recruit heavily from VS, then it's probably a way go redirect you. How many other applicants go the email is the question though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.