TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Did A&O change their SJT test format from last year
Season 5 No GIF by The Office
Afraid so...

Tbf a lot of the situational questions are identical. All the videos are the same as last year. They've just bolted on a numerical reasoning test on top of it now

Reactions: ScrappyDoo and OB

OB

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    On the SJT part, do you think there's any use practising other SJT's first (like on websites)?
    Try the practice in the test email they sent you, that's probably the best prep you can do. Just think what would be the best responses the firm would want while still being true to what you would do

Reactions: M777

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Afraid so...

Tbf a lot of the situational questions are identical. All the videos are the same as last year. They've just bolted on a numerical reasoning test on top of it now
    I felt like it went on forever this year, did you? Kept thinking it must be over and then more questions came haha

Reactions: LS12 and zlegal

WillF

Star Member
    Jul 31, 2021
    For a CV/work experience, if you have an ongoing job etc would that be at the top? For example, if i have something from May 2019 - Present, would that be above or below something March 2021 - August 2021?

What I'm really asking is if our CV should be organised by start date, or end date (with present date etc at the top for most recent). Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hey everyone,

For Slaughter and May summer VS, I am assuming as a student going into his penultimate year i dont need to fill out the details for LPC/GDL?

On the key it automatically comes under 'There are some incomplete optional fields', but I am assuming this is just because you dont need to fill it out unless you're due to begin/have begun etc?

@Jessica Booker

Thanks!
    If it’s saying it’s optional, that’s fine. It will be clear from your other academics what stage you are at.

bananak

Sep 9, 2021
    Hi everyone,

For Dechert's VS applications - is it a disadvantage if I am not an AS member? It asks on the application form whether I am a member of Aspiring Solicitors or not and I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this.

hrb_pg

Star Member
    Jul 16, 2021
    Hi everyone,

For Dechert's VS applications - is it a disadvantage if I am not an AS member? It asks on the application form whether I am a member of Aspiring Solicitors or not and I was just wondering what your thoughts are on this.
    No you are not- I wasn't an AS member and was invited to the AC this year(earlier this year)

Reactions: bananak

M777

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 15, 2019
    Hi everyone,

Also did last year's AC and wasn't disadvantaged by this :)

Edit: last year as in last cycle, I did my AC in January.

• Love
    Reactions: bananak
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.