TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty_kat

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Jun 10, 2020
Hi all, if I am changing one of my module selections, when is the best time to notify the graduate recruitment team. I have only submitted my application, and have not reached the AC/interview stage yet.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all, if I am changing one of my module selections, when is the best time to notify the graduate recruitment team. I have only submitted my application, and have not reached the AC/interview stage yet.
Only at final interview stage. It won't make any difference to your application etc.

Reactions: kitty_kat

SR99

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 5, 2021
    Just got rejected from an AC I thought went well. Makes me feel even worse about A&O AC which went badly!

I guess its back to the drawing board for me lol
    The fact that you got 2 ACs is amazing in itself! It shows you have what firms are looking for - don't give up and you will most definitely get something

Dwight

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2019
    Any tips for the Linklaters CAPP assessment?
    I did it about a week or two ago. Firstly, I would reiterate what Jessica has mentioned: do it at a time where you believe you will have optimum energy and thus focus. The test is quite long (I think the suggested time is 75-90 minutes). Secondly, the first part of the test - basically an SJT test on steroids - is something you cannot practice for and frankly, I believe, something that you shouldn't anyways. That way you give genuine and honest responses because it will have been your first time seeing these types of questions. Regarding the second part of the test, it is a small version of a classic WG test so this is the section of the test that I advise you to practice for, and there are plenty of free sources to do so online (e.g. CC free WG test).

Reactions: Kareena
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.