TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon123456789

Valued Member
  • Oct 25, 2021
    Can I just confirm that Clyde & Co's app does not have any essay questions this year? And does this mean I have to the Forage virtual internship to stand out?
    Yes, there are not any essay questions for Clydes this year, instead its quite similar to the Linklaters application process where there's an interactive online simulation element that requires some video questions.
    Clydes have space for four work experience elements which you can add detail to to help you stand out beyond the VI.
    They do ask whether or not you have completed the virtual internship, but I highly doubt it'll be a case where they reject candidates based on whether or not they have done it- not everyone has the time or resources to complete the online internships, they are very time consuming so I wouldn't worry!

Rachael.Elisa

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 15, 2021
    Hi everyone,

I am applying to Farrer and co, and one of the questions states 'please list anything else you believe strengthens your application' (300 words).

I'm not sure what I should be including here, does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone,

I am applying to Farrer and co, and one of the questions states 'please list anything else you believe strengthens your application' (300 words).

I'm not sure what I should be including here, does anyone have any suggestions please?

Thanks!
    Include any information that naturally doesn't fit into other questions or sections (and not just because you ran out of word count) that you would like to present because it shows another positive side or quality to yourself. This could be a whole range of things to be honest - so it is quite difficult to explain what you could include in here, but basically use this to highlight anything you are proud of/think is important to include to get a good picture of you as an applicant, that you haven't been asked to provide before.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Don't throw it out with the bathwater😅! That being said, I'd only keep the factual answers (state your skills, achievements etc.) the same and change everything else, even if the changes are minor. Try to build on your motivations with new, more detailed examples, think of other things about the firm that you've learnt since you last applied to add, reflect deeply about your skills/abilities that match well the firm and find a way to weave them into your application. Does this make sense?
    Makes perfect sense, thank you!

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Dec 11, 2020
    Hi everyone! I'm just finishing my draft for the Freshfields app and know that on a few events I've been to, they said they wanted a lot of the app focused on you but I was wondering how much about why i want to train at Freshfields should I include?

Reactions: CC03

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I am working on the A&O application Question 2 which is how you will apply these skills as a trainee will the skill of overcoming challenges is a good skill to discuss and how I will overcome this challenge as a trainee by handling conflicting issues as a trainee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.