TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps123

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
How long did they take to get back to you after the deadline if you don't mind me asking?
I can't remember exactly, but I think they waited till they'd completed the last AC before sending out rejections as it took an AGE for the pfo to arrive - first (& only) time applying so could be different in other circumstances:)

Reactions: F99 and TJ370

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Does anyone have any strategies for deciding what to keep and what to scrap from an old application while reapplying to the same firm? I'm planning to rewrite my applications but want to avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Don't throw it out with the bathwater😅! That being said, I'd only keep the factual answers (state your skills, achievements etc.) the same and change everything else, even if the changes are minor. Try to build on your motivations with new, more detailed examples, think of other things about the firm that you've learnt since you last applied to add, reflect deeply about your skills/abilities that match well the firm and find a way to weave them into your application. Does this make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.