TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmax301

Esteemed Member
Feb 3, 2021
Hi, I just accidentally noticed that I received two tests from Reed Smith...... They are identical, and I did the first one a few days ago. I guess, I should not do it again, right? Also, should I email the grad recruiters right now?

Reactions: George Maxwell

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi, I just accidentally noticed that I received two tests from Reed Smith...... They are identical, and I did the first one a few days ago. I guess, I should not do it again, right? Also, should I email the grad recruiters right now?
    You only do 1 test. It is an admin error.

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    Could someone pls tell me what the A&O vac scheme questions are? Cannot seem to access them until I fill in all the previous pages of the form and haven't got round to doing that yet. Thanks :)

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    1. Please describe the key learnings/skills you’ve gained through work experience, positions of responsibility, personal experience or extracurricular activities (250 words)
    2. Outline how you would apply these skills to the trainee role at A&O, in order to be successful. (250 words)

Hey, was this after passing the test?
    Thanks! Just those two?

Reactions: syw

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    Is anyone having/has anyone had a problem with the A&O application portal where it's not saving your application and you have to start again every time you log in? Or just me? :confused:

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    On the A and O application page, it says that the SJT test needs to be completed before the deadline so that means we have to submit our application 48 hours before the deadline right.

OB

Legendary Member
    2020 Community Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Feb 10, 2020
    Does anyone know how long Linklaters take to come back after the deadline? :)

Also if the portal says 70% completed and there's a tick next to candidate review, does that mean anything?

Last year, the furthest I got is 60% and my application was unsuccessful at candidate review stage.
    I’m the same too, last two years only got to 60% but got 70% and a tick now. Not sure if it means anything, nice if it did 😅

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.