TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
For A&O first questions about skills should you use an example for each skill or should you talk about an example then discuss multiple skills gained how did people structure this question.
I have seen both approaches work well in applications - do what works for you and your experiences and the skills you want to claim. My advice is to focus on a small number of skills though - don’t try to claim too many.

• Love
Reactions: AvniD and Asil Ahmad

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I have seen both approaches work well in applications - do what works for you and your experiences and the skills you want to claim. My advice is to focus on a small number of skills though - don’t try to claim too many.
    Would be 2 examples be okay for 250 or should I do 3 examples. Thank you for your help.

Favour

Nov 13, 2021
    I don’t even know what to think of my report really! Agree with some parts and not others. What about yourself?
    On mine it stated that I tend to process smaller amounts of information, tend to take more time processing information than others,tend to focus on my own style and I am willing to create conflict to achieve aims.

Rob93

Legendary Member
    Dec 29, 2020
    Does anyone have any strategies for deciding what to keep and what to scrap from an old application while reapplying to the same firm? I'm planning to rewrite my applications but want to avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Just received Links Capp report and my lowest scoring was motivation :eek: 🤣:confused: lol
    I honestly think some CAPP assessments./online GBA are vv questionable - I took the exact same practice test right after another last year and got completely different results. One minute I am prioritising teamwork and the next I am letting the whole firm down with my inability to collaborate. Hun, pick a side 😩

BM99

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 12, 2021
    Probably a stupid question, if I have submitted a CV to a firm in November, and didn't hear any updates ever since, then I have gained more new experiences. Should I send an email to the firm to ask whether I can submit a new CV for their consideration?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.